Whats an fca and could this be my problem?

smoken02

Truck is an 04 lly dmax. The rail pressure is all over the place at idle. Any where from 3000 to 9000 psi. The idle will also jump every so often. Its seems to be worse when warm. The truck is all stock.

Does the idle surge pretty noticeable,it might be the fuel pressure regulator they are more common to go than the fca.

Truck is an 04 lly dmax. The rail pressure is all over the place at idle. Any where from 3000 to 9000 psi. The idle will also jump every so often. Its seems to be worse when warm. The truck is all stock.
I would bet that's the problem. If you want to be sure have someone that's familiar with the duramaxes run a diagnostic scan on it. They can be a PITA to replace.

Does the idle surge pretty noticeable,it might be the fuel pressure regulator they are more common to go than the fca.

Fuel pressure regulator + FCA, fuel control actuator...one and the same! FCA is the proper term.

Last edited:

Yes, It idles fine but about every 10-20 sec it jumps. When it does the truck jumps forward.

Dam not enough coffee yet,you are correct about them being the same.

I was just going to correct my post,to quick on the draw.

I was thinking of the relief .

Last edited:
This valve is on the injection pump?

A CR fuel system does not have an "injection" pump. It has a high pressure fuel pump referred to as a CP3. Howling is correct on location...sign of enough coffee! LOL

I would bet that's the problem. If you want to be sure have someone that's familiar with the duramaxes run a diagnostic scan on it. They can be a PITA to replace.

Fuel pressure regulator + FCA, fuel control actuator...one and the same! FCA is the proper term.

They are called a fuel pressure regulator on the Dmax.

Back