What's "detuned" in the new 6.7 manuals

dekocards90

The 6.7's with a manual are detuned for some BS emission reason, is this fixed with a tuner and removing the dpf or what?

They are "detuned" because of the crappy Dual Mass Flywheel they use with the clutch to keep things smooth and quiet.

Has anybody ever dynoed the two to see if there's actually a difference? Chevy used to rate the camaro's less than the vette's but you strap em on the dyno and they made the same power.

I would yard that stock fly wheel setup out before it it starts shaking......breaks the housing and pounds the bearings out of the tranny. see it that way on most of them that come through the shop stock even around 80-120k broke bell housing at 11 o clock and bad bearings. We have have had great luck running 50w Schaeffers in them after the solid flywheel it takes most of the rattle out of them. we arent horribly cold here but no problems so far.

If you go on the dodge website and build your own when you choose your transmission it says that manuals are detuned. But are the detuned through different gearing in the tranny or the computer?

Transmission gearing not wheel gearing...sorry I did not specify, but this can be easily fixed with a tuner I'm assuming???

305hp-15% for drivetrain loss=259hp so I'd say 250hp is well within ball park.

Yeah at the time I thought the 6.7 had 350hp would have more power then the previous 5.9, you know usually the newer trucks have more power then the last design.

Yeah at the time I thought the 6.7 had 350hp would have more power then the previous 5.9, you know usually the newer trucks have more power then the last design.

They don't usually get poorer fuel mileage either. Oh wait, lately they all do, lol.

Mmmmm, EPA.

It takes 1.2 gallons of crude oil to make one gallon of diesel (used to be less before ULSD). It takes 2.1 gallons of crude oil to make one gallon of gasoline. If you drive 1200 miles on a diesel with dpf...lets say in town (so its lower to prove more of a point). You just used 120 gallons of crude oil. If you take the dpf off and gain 4-6 mpg, lets say 4 and drove 1600 miles you would use 120 gallons of crude oil. If you have a gasser and you travel 1000 miles in town with a brand new truck you just used over 130+ gallons of crude oil. If soot doesn't go into the atmosphere, CO2 emissions are already less on diesel, and we're trying to lose our dependence on foreign oil, how is the dpf helping? Never mind the metals and extra labor used to add them to the vehicles.

Tyler you beat me to it. Thanks brother.
Picture3.jpg

Back