Whats the best STACK for my BD w/Crazy Larry???

Big Swole

MegaInterceptor
Once I get my tranny done by Garmon's I'm looking for more power......

Anybody have expirence with Bully Dog w/Crazy Larry and what would be a good stack...I'm thinking about the TS MP-8...Any thoughts.....Also, will I loose my boost fooler??? Until I can get a bigger turbo, the boost fooler does a lot for my EGT's

Thanks

BTW.....I keeping seeing signatures with TST, Smarty, Edge EZ, etc.............How do you stack more than 3 things???

I understand having one downloader and on module under the hood, but how do you have more than that?

How does stacking work anyway? Anyone that can give a quick explanation, I would really appreciate it.....

TST does injector duration,edge ez, mp8,ect.deal with pressure. so when you stack the two you get duration with the added rail pressure.Not exactlly sure what a downloader does ,but it works great. Stacking all three is a lot of power.

You might want to ask Jeff about all those stacks first. The envelope is only so big, the injectors/electronics so fast ....... Garmon's will let you know, great folks. :rockwoot:

Thanks guys,

I've been leaning toward the MP8........

Does anyone know if I can keep my Quadzilla Boost Fooler with the MP8??

or, Is there a pressure box out there that would allow me to keep the Boost Fooler??

Trying to keep from buying a turbo for a while...

Thanks again for the help!!:bow:

Currently I am running the BDDL w/ Crazy Larry, Quadzilla Fooler and TS MP-8. I did some passes at Bandimere on test and tune night. One pass with MP-8 Completely off, one pass with MP-8 1/2 power, and another pass with MP-8 turned all the way up. Keeping in mind this was in the afternoon and each pass was about 45 mins apart and ambient temps were cooling down. In fact the picture to the left was my second run with MP-8 1/2 power.

I noticed my fastest time with the MP-8 on half power, when turned to full power, I seemed to have lost .10sec. Coulda been driver error also.

All in all, the TS MP-8 is worth the money, especially with stock CP3, it does an excellent job of keeping rail pressure in check and stacks well with the fooler and any tuner. Hope this helps.

Burner said:
Are you running a stock AUTO trans?

Yep!!......For now......Its held longer than I thought it would......I've talked Jeff Garmon when he installed my FASS. He's gonna do my tranny with SunCoast Flex plate and Converter with Billet Input and Valve body mods.....

Figure I'll get a many miles as I can on the stock tranny........

Wasn't planning on doing the stack until I make an apointment to get the tranny done...

Just wanna be able to keep the Boost Fooler.....If not, I'm gonna have to buy a turbo I bet.....EGT's will prob. go way back up With the MP8......

????

Ultimate Diesel said:
Currently I am running the BDDL w/ Crazy Larry, Quadzilla Fooler and TS MP-8. I did some passes at Bandimere on test and tune night. One pass with MP-8 Completely off, one pass with MP-8 1/2 power, and another pass with MP-8 turned all the way up. Keeping in mind this was in the afternoon and each pass was about 45 mins apart and ambient temps were cooling down. In fact the picture to the left was my second run with MP-8 1/2 power.

I noticed my fastest time with the MP-8 on half power, when turned to full power, I seemed to have lost .10sec. Coulda been driver error also.

All in all, the TS MP-8 is worth the money, especially with stock CP3, it does an excellent job of keeping rail pressure in check and stacks well with the fooler and any tuner. Hope this helps.

Awesome!!! Thanks man!

Thats the exact set up I was looking for........I guess I see how to stack the Fooler and the MP8 when I get the instructions...........I'm assuming they just plug inline together.......

What were yours times and do you have dyno numbers for that setup????
Just curious what my setup like that will yield in terms of numbers at track and dyno.............

Thanks again......Great to know someone has experience with that setup......

Last edited:
Big Swole said:
Awesome!!! Thanks man!

Thats the exact set up I was looking for........I guess I see how to stack the Fooler and the MP8 when I get the instructions...........I'm assuming they just plug inline together.......

What were yours times and do you have dyno numbers for that setup????
Just curious what my setup like that will yield in terms of numbers at track and dyno.............

Thanks again......Great to know someone has experience with that setup......

Well my dyno numbers are probably not what your looking for. I have Dual Fuelers and 56lpm injectors with bored-out fuel rail and twin-hair dryers.

The fooler plugs in-line with the MP-8, just put the fooler closet to the MAP Sensor.

Fastest time that night was a 12.5 1/4 at 95 MPH. :hehe: :hehe: LOL Top-Speed limiter kicked in.

Ultimate Diesel said:
Well my dyno numbers are probably not what your looking for. I have Dual Fuelers and 56lpm injectors with bored-out fuel rail and twin-hair dryers.

The fooler plugs in-line with the MP-8, just put the fooler closet to the MAP Sensor.

Fastest time that night was a 12.5 1/4 at 95 MPH. :hehe: :hehe: LOL Top-Speed limiter kicked in.

OH!!!!!!! Yeah, they prob be a lot higher than Im gonna get with my setup....

Thanks a lot for the tips........I can't wait to get my tranny done so I can get the MP8...

Just for S&G's, given my current setup (AFTER TRANNY AND MP8), what do you think I should expect for numbers????? I'm guessing approx. 450-500 HP and 950-1050TQ.....

Late azz

You should consider turbo/injector upgrades before stacking..

I made 600 HP on stock sticks with the MP-8 Stacked with the SMARTY and fooler. Turbo upgrade would definitely be something to consider. $.02

I've been playing with the smarty as well.. With the single stock cp3, DDP90hp injectors, PS62-14, and an airdog my 06 2500 ran 12.33 at 99mph on the limiter. I then found out how to just enter a smaller tire size, and get the speed I need.. It's a little faster now..

Morse said:
You should consider turbo/injector upgrades before stacking..

Well, I know there is prob. a perfect order of things when it comes to mods.....But, I won't be racing or competing unless I just happen to go to an event once or twice just to see where my trucks at in times......

I mostly just love playing around with sports cars every once and a while...or , just hitting hit to put a smile on my face, just cause I LOVE POWER in all forms.....My Yamaha R1 (to your left) Makes 180HP and only weighs 400 lbs........I just love Power!!!

Anyway, Once I drop the $4000-5000. on my tranny, I'm gonna have to make small purchases like the MP8........The turbo and sticks will come later...This is my daily driver and my only vehicle besides my bike, so I want it fast but not crazy for the street..........I plan on buying an old used Cummins as a play truck down the line, then IT"S GAME ON!!!!

Thanks for the sugestions though....I'm still new to this game and love learning anything I can.........OH, BTW.......Garmon's sugested a Hi Tech 62/14............Does that sound like the right choice for me?????????????????????????

Last edited:
Morse said:
I've been playing with the smarty as well.. With the single stock cp3, DDP90hp injectors, PS62-14, and an airdog my 06 2500 ran 12.33 at 99mph on the limiter. I then found out how to just enter a smaller tire size, and get the speed I need.. It's a little faster now..

WOW! thats fast!!!

What is an "airdog" ?????????/

Back