Whats the best way to keep the gauge pillar in place?

Noreaster

Official beer tester
Im getting fed up with mine, Ive tryed a bunch of things & the closest I can get it is a 1" gap. So Im seeing what suggestions you guys have.

Thanks

did you drill a hole and then use the plastic rivets? Are they pushed all the way in ?

BUCKSHOT said:
did you drill a hole and then use the plastic rivets? Are they pushed all the way in ?

No I haven't done that, do you drill into the factory pillar? I didn't get any rivets with the pillar

You should have gotten some black, finned plastic push-in fasteners that hold the new guage-pillar to the old pillar. I found that this didn't work very well for me either, so I just used some black trim screws.

If its like a dodge and you break off the tabs that hold the plastic to the steel. I just used 2 long screws and screwed it to the steel A pillar and left the stock cover off.

I found the pins, the top pin on the factory pillar is stripped so it won't hold tight, time for a new one.

I need to get a new pillar, the push pin is stripped. It has the holes from the previous truck it was on.

I just had this problem with my truck. The person who put the gauge pillar on left the factory plastic there, and put the gauge pillar on top... the wiring's not optimal either, but I had to replace a light bulb. I went to Pep Boys and got the black plastic fastners. Had to smack them bad boys in with a hammer lol. The holes had already been drilled through the original plastic and the main pillar. So I just beat them through the holes. It'll work for now. It's not goin anywhere though at this point LOL. Those things really worked well.

Back