what's the smallest high pressure you can run with a s595

Redneck6.0L

I've run a 66/73/.83t4 with a s595 and I've run a s471/83/.90 t4. Both with external gates. I really like the spool up on the s3 better than the s4. But is the s300 frame to small to truely flow what a s471 can. What's the better setup. Looking for 11-1200hp. And yes I love spray

A 62 over s510 made 1136 on fuel. Bigger is not always better Lol

sent from my galaxy s3

Shawn, ya need to send me a picture of your external gate setup....

Well.....I guess you don't really have to.....but it would be really nice if you did...lol

Are you looking for quicker spool up then what you have already?

Why not try one of them new dual ball bearing GTX's?
Heck...throw one of the new GTX'S on for the primary too...

A 62 over s510 made 1136 on fuel. Bigger is not always better Lol

sent from my galaxy s3

wont make that power on a heui injected motor.

shawn, you looking for that power on fuel? if its nitrous turbo size shouldnt be the issue, just gates and spray the fuk out of it as usual, and give it something that keeps the spoolup nice and crisp.

Why not stick with the s400 and look for 1500.....looks like thats what its going to take to hang!

wont make that power on a heui injected motor.

shawn, you looking for that power on fuel? if its nitrous turbo size shouldnt be the issue, just gates and spray the fuk out of it as usual, and give it something that keeps the spoolup nice and crisp.

Your right on that lol. I am on my iPad and cant see signs but I forgot who started the thread and had a brain fart. I don't know fords lol sorry

I've run a 66/73/.83t4 with a s595 and I've run a s471/83/.90 t4. Both with external gates. I really like the spool up on the s3 better than the s4. But is the s300 frame to small to truely flow what a s471 can. What's the better setup. Looking for 11-1200hp. And yes I love spray

Just run a single 62mm like me :lolly:

Im running a 60 mm over an S595 not sure what it makes having injection pump rebuilt.

A fair number of people have made 57-62mm chargers work as secondaries, however I think that is more for streetablitly then an all out race truck. I know we picked up significant power going from the T66 to the S400 we run now.

A little looser converter and a dedicated nitrous solenoid does wonders for spool.

Last edited:
Will definitely lose power from a small secondary. That being said I would never run anything larger than a 351 for a daily driver.

A fair number of people have made 57-62mm chargers work as secondaries, however I think that is more for streetablitly then an all out race truck. I know we picked up significant power going from the T66 to the S400 we run now.

A little looser converter and a dedicated nitrous solenoid does wonders for spool.

I would have to agree 100%! I think 1100-1200 is on the high end of what you will see from a small secondary. How drivable is that setup with the s400? Im wanting a little more air on the top end with out giving up too much streetability.

I would have to agree 100%! I think 1100-1200 is on the high end of what you will see from a small secondary. How drivable is that setup with the s400? Im wanting a little more air on the top end with out giving up too much streetability.

It is a trailered vehicle with a 2.5 gallon fuel cell, drivablility is not something we are after. With that being said it is licensed and insured, and did make the drive from Mission, BC to Abbotsford BC for BD's dyno event earlier this year. ~10miles of mixed city and freeway driving. So it is doable, but not enjoyable.

I know Shawn's truck is in the same boat, as we see Shawn on pretty much a monthly basis in the summer.

So be it. Gonna stick with the s371 and the s595. And enough spray to lift a space shuttle lol. Sure wish ford would make hp without spray lol

I'm using a GT40494 right now and while I like how it spools, I know I am probably not able to fully utilize the flow from the GT55. The GTX4294-66 or 70 would probably be a step in the right direction power wise, but spool up is going to drop way off.

One would think a wheel such as the gtx/etr which is supposed to excel at higher pressure ratios would also excel with a smaller secondary given the smaller size is more of a restriction requiring more work from the primary. Just a thought.

Back