Wheel spacer ? For single wheel truck

1965LONEWOLF

lonewolf
Thinking about running a 3" wheel spacer on the rear of my single wheel truck just to get the wheel on some fresh dirt instead of running over all the dirt the front tire dug up ? Anyone ever try this ? I know on all my mod trucks I have owned and built that I always did it in the front but this a daily street truck that I run at local truck pulls , so I thought by pushing the rear tires out 3" it would give me some new dirt ?

Last edited:
Thinking about running a 3" wheel spacer on the rear of my single wheel truck just to get the wheel on some fresh dirt instead of running over all the dirt the front tire dug up ? Anyone ever try this ? I know on all my mod trucks I have owned and built that I always did it in the front but this a daily street truck that I run at local truck pulls , so I thought by pushing the rear tires out 3" it would give me some new dirt ?

141 Have viewed this and not one comment ?

Old technology. But yes, it works in theory
Your right but it old school but already have the rims and its the cheapest way to get fresh dirt and by putting them on the rear you don't have to worry about killing your paint as you would if you put them on the front. Going with 4" rear spacer's on the rear and just use them at the sled pull events and take them off for daily use

A lot of places have it stated in the rules that it must remain stock track width, spacers can only be used with accompanying negative offset dually rims and so on.

We just finished retubing the rear axle on my truck to be 3-inches wider on each side to match the front track width. But my truck is in the works to be set up for desert racing not sled pulling...

We just finished retubing the rear axle on my truck to be 3-inches wider on each side to match the front track width. But my truck is in the works to be set up for desert racing not sled pulling...

Nice picture with phil , he was a hell of a guy ! His kid isn't doing to bad but not like his father phil ? Maybe in time he'll get it all together.

Back