wheelbase ?

jones95runner

I know a lot of the the 3.0 guys are serious about the 158" wheelbase rule. Thats fine. We're finally getting away from the 2.8 around here for a 3.0 class. Well right now we have a CCLB chevy chasis which will not meet the 158" rule. But i read where PPl 2.6 rules are only for 158" But i noticed there are some CCLB trucks pulling at some PPl events. I Also saw in a recent 3.0 class video a CCLB 3rd gen dodge pulling with PPL 3.0. Isnt that longer than 158"? I know B.O.B says 172"?

I was planning on cutting the truck down this winter now for a short bed. But going to be a lot of work. I hate to do it if the rule is old news? Not trying to start a arguement i'm not against the rule at all.

The PPL rule calls for 4wheel brakes as well. Several trucks don't abide by that either. I would hate to be the one that gets bit by a rule that was written and previously not enforced.

I was planning on cutting the truck down this winter now for a short bed. But going to be a lot of work. I hate to do it if the rule is old news? Not trying to start a arguement i'm not against the rule at all.[/QUOTE]

Its going to be a sob to match that paint, you have a sharp looking puller.

ppl's 2.6 rule was a misprint.. what 3.0 dodge you talking about webs? or coletrains? both have been cut own to make the rule.

ppl's 2.6 rule was a misprint.. what 3.0 dodge you talking about webs? or coletrains? both have been cut own to make the rule.

Not sure who's it is danny. Here's video it's first truck [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPhoT71Hw84&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]3.0 DIESEL TRUCKS LUCAS OIL PULLING LEAGUE SHELBYVILLE KY 10-6-12 - YouTube[/ame]

We just adopted our rules to say that any trucks over 158" wheelbase have to have a minimum hitch length of 28% of the wheelbase. The wheelbase must be the factory wheelbase for the make, model and trim. Problem solved.

We just adopted our rules to say that any trucks over 158" wheelbase have to have a minimum hitch length of 28% of the wheelbase. The wheelbase must be the factory wheelbase for the make, model and trim. Problem solved.

I would be perfectly fine with That. 30 minutes worth of work vs no telling how long. I wouldn't ask anybody to change a rule for me though.

Yeah we had adopted rules similar to PPL's rules but we had a CCLB chevy and I had a megacab so we just updated them. I understand where it came from I just don't get why you'd want to limit wheelbases in a class in which you have to have an OEM chassis. :)

At least you guys see my point of the 158" rule is kinda dumb and pointless and a pain in the ass!! Over on full pull thread they adopted this till a few us *****ed now oem wheelbase is aloowed and no modified wheelbase will be allowed more then 158" which I can live with

Back