Where are all the rails?

Glasseater

the banks thread got me thinkin... where's all the rails been?
not trying to start anything just curious... it seemed like last year scheid was constantly out running and then there was all the talk of these "new" dragsters but i haven't heard about any of em....
so what's goin on?

We're trying to sell ours, and the whole rig actually. The "new" car we have in the garage that was slated to have the 6.7 (with the blower, twin CP3's, etc) is now going to get either a twin turbo'd SBC, or a blown BBC. Yeah Yeah, I know, it's not a diesel, but we've done this diesel thing for 12 years, and have had a blast setting records and meeting awesome people, but we think it's time to stay close to home and just have some simple fun. Who knew tuning a diesel would be such a chore. Dad's looking forward to the simplicity of an alcohol motor. lol.

So Anyways, long story later, that's where we're at with our dragster(s).

I am getting a lot closer , its just costing me every penny I have, to finish. Here is a picture to put the bananna thing to bed , the new paint is Porsche guards red on the magnesium body .
The JE pistons , and the 1.156 DLC coated tool steel pins , along with the GRP aluminum rods are here, Greg is finishing the heads . I will come out with it soon, Hot Rod Drag week is 4 weeks away and top of the list .

NXDieselRailAnna.jpg

In all seriousness Greg, good luck to ya. Good luck to all the guys with the dragsters.

We are making some progress, zane was out of the throttle for most the track. Still have a long long way to go.
YouTube - Wide open performance rail runs a 10.62

if ya don't mind me askin what were the 60' and 1/8 ET and MPH on that test run? i know you guys weren't dialed in AT ALL but just curious cause it looked like it launched good

I am getting a lot closer , its just costing me every penny I have, to finish. Here is a picture to put the bananna thing to bed , the new paint is Porsche guards red on the magnesium body .
The JE pistons , and the 1.156 DLC coated tool steel pins , along with the GRP aluminum rods are here, Greg is finishing the heads . I will come out with it soon, Hot Rod Drag week is 4 weeks away and top of the list .

NXDieselRailAnna.jpg

looks good greg! too bad its not yellow :Cheer:

60ft was something like 1.7 it broke loose, mph was 136 something cant remember any other numbers, like i said still alot of work

Wasn't Curtis Halverson (sp?) suposed to have a couple rails/pro mods?

I know Keating is to buisy at work to find much time to finish his rail.

Curtis has some neat projects going i know of. As with everything he does i`m sure it will be top knotch.

Im as well putting one together now that the Black Truck sold. Ive had the rolling chassis no more than a few weeks but making tons of progress, it's going way quicker than I thought it would. Im hoping to be able to bust it down and go to paint, powder coat and chrome with in about a month.
Ryan Tucker

Good luck on it Ryan, you seem to have a pretty good work ethic, I'm sure it'll be running soon!

I think Curtis is building a funny car. I wonder how the orange crush team is doing on their rail?

Ryan
you think it will be ready for the ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup Oct 10

Good luck on it Ryan, you seem to have a pretty good work ethic, I'm sure it'll be running soon!

I think Curtis is building a funny car. I wonder how the orange crush team is doing on their rail?

Thanks Jason. Ya I tend to get with it on a freash build, it's all exciting again! Ive always built and driven door cars; this will be the first open tire chassis I've done and its a ridged on top of that, should be a hoot.....
Ryan

And as far as the Oct. 10th race..... it's my home track, I'll be there Im there every week, and ya I expect the car will have made laps by then, NADM..... not a member. I'll be up for some grudge racing though no dought.
Ryan

Nice to see some progress Ryan. Hope to be seeing it soon.

Back