Where can I find just a block?

madmikeismad

So mad
I won't be able to start this until this summer, but I want to start searching now.

Where can I find stuff like a bare block, head, and crank? I'm going to leave my truck now as a daily driver, build a motor, and put it in a 1/2 ton or maybe dakota.

I know I can get a donor truck, or ebay or craigslist, but I was wondering if you guys might know of anywhere else that might have good dependable stuff. I'm not worried about the pump and stuff like that as it will all be aftermarket anyways.

Or, do you think it would just be best to get one out of a donor truck and strip it down.

12v I assume? There is a guy selling a block and crank and that for pretty cheap on CF.

Probably cheaper to buy a whole engine in the long run. You can use the pump and injectors and the like as cores for the aftermarket parts.

Thank you, and thank you.

I was thinking about doing the core thing too.

I was also wondering if a donor truck would be a little more worth it because then I can swap axles and suspension too.

As far as donor trucks go, anything you buy up here is going to be a POS in my opinion. I'd hitch up a trailer and head south if you want to buy something worthwhile. I haven't found a single truck or motor that I thought was worth the asking price yet. The best stuff I found was on the government liquidation auctions, there were a few airport tugs and stuff for sale up here that were 6bt powered. You could buy the tug, pull the motor and scrap the rest if you have the time and room to do that.

As far as donor trucks go, anything you buy up here is going to be a POS in my opinion. I'd hitch up a trailer and head south if you want to buy something worthwhile. I haven't found a single truck or motor that I thought was worth the asking price yet. The best stuff I found was on the government liquidation auctions, there were a few airport tugs and stuff for sale up here that were 6bt powered. You could buy the tug, pull the motor and scrap the rest if you have the time and room to do that.

Thats what I was looking for. Hell I'm military and still forgot about gov liquidation. Thanks man.

Back