Where is SMOKEM

none of that has anything to do with the way he posted towards other members. what are you smoking today?

i say if he got butt hurt by some people on the internet then dont let the door hit ya on the way out.

Ha um who's butt-hurt? He posted in a way that made people think. No bullsht and no mirrors. Just knowledge to pass onto people that WANTED TO LEARN it not just hear it.

none of that has anything to do with the way he posted towards other members. what are you smoking today?

i say if he got butt hurt by some people on the internet then dont let the door hit ya on the way out.

Posted toward other members? Maybe toward a vendor trying to rip people off. I aint smokin nothing! Are you a nut swinger?

It's pretty sad to lose him. Weston was a wealth of knowledge we need more guys on this site like him. I met him last year at the Alabama race and he helped me out with some fueling issues I was having. I sure hope he comes back and brings his post along with him , it was some mighty good stuff.

thats too bad...im sure i will cry when i think about how much i miss his arrogant attitude towards everyone here and how we are all idiots compared to him

OMG, he must have made you cry or something. He did have his way of posting, but I guess it went a long with how 80% of the nice guys on here do as well. Try going out and giving honest info on certain parts and then being ridiculed by vendors and such because supposedly that isn't true or isn't right. It gets old and I'm surprised he put up with it for as long as he did.

What was real reason for suspending Weston?

Some vendor possible lawsuit against CompD ?

Nothing like that at all. His time off is of his own choosing, and we will welcome him on his return.

Your loss, TJ.

Unlike many, the info Wes posted wasn't something gleaned from 'a buddy' or what someone else told him. It was from first hand experience. If he installs something, he usually tore it apart or one like it, evaluated it, and completely understood its function. If it was good he'd tell you so because he installed it and experienced it. Same goes if it wasn't, especially if it cost you a chunk of change. But what separates him from many is if it wasn't all it was cracked up to be, he is very transparent about what needed to be corrected to make it so. Usually this information saved the little guy a great deal of cash... and upset a few people; even when names were left out of it.

He, like many of us, isn't here to make you feel good about yourself. Find another board for that. He did, however, offer up a bit of info that made those smart enough to take it all the wiser.

I don't know as I'd say we 'lost' him, Toolman. More of a sabbatical. :D

LOL

is there an address where you can send flowers to show you are mourning this great loss to the site?

aisle 13 at the local walmart should have plenty of tissues for you guys.

LOL

is there an address where you can send flowers to show you are mourning this great loss to the site?

Good thing we have your technical prowess and riveting classical remarks to make up for his absence.......:umno:

all his threads were in my bookmarks... now nuthin, owed two sets of injectors from him, best injectors i can afford.... he knows his ****.... atleast sum of us has his phone #....

I am another that learned a great deal from Weston in fact when I started wrenching on my truck a few years ago I had no experience what so ever and he didn't know me from Adam. But that made know difference at all he taught me the correct things to do and I was very pleased with the results of that information. To bad indeed......

LOL

you were complaining about how smokem posted on this site. hypocritical?

thats too bad...im sure i will cry when i think about how much i miss his arrogant attitude towards everyone here and how we are all idiots compared to him

X2 my thoughts exactly.

I'm wondering what he taught you all?? Seems like he would answer a question with another question, then throw in a paragraph which he copied (exactly, word for word) right out of a Robert Bosch book. I guess it is sad to see someone leave a forum because they were treated badly, but I just don't see the big deal with this guy. And before you assume I'm one of the guys who pmmed him, I'm not.

X2 my thoughts exactly.

I'm wondering what he taught you all?? Seems like he would answer a question with another question, then throw in a paragraph which he copied (exactly, word for word) right out of a Robert Bosch book. I guess it is sad to see someone leave a forum because they were treated badly, but I just don't see the big deal with this guy. And before you assume I'm one of the guys who pmmed him, I'm not.

Yup he got all of his stuff from a book. You're right. I mean that must be the reason why he was so busy in his shop. THose manuals taught him everything.

I dont know this person or any of you for that matter but what i find amazing is that so many ppl want to bad mouth him and complain about his posts. did any of you stop to think that you have control over the mouse. you can choose what you read and what you skip over. he may have been "arrogant" or seemed to have an attitude but did you stop to think a person's tone of voice/thought doesnt really transfer with the words on the screen? from the sounds of it he felt as if he was a teacher. and in that case, a teacher teaches...they dont just give you the answer and move to the next subject. you must understand the inner workings before you can understand the final product. just my 2c...now bash me 'cause your bored..haha

Weston is a hell of a guy and has put alot of time and thinking into everything he has done and has helped alot of people including me understand, I for one dont have the extra cash or access to a dyno to play with 100 different parts to see what the results are and Weston has helped out alot because of his experience and ability to say these parts are inferior and here is why. I will definately miss reading his post.
Brad

I dont know this person or any of you for that matter but what i find amazing is that so many ppl want to bad mouth him and complain about his posts. did any of you stop to think that you have control over the mouse. you can choose what you read and what you skip over. he may have been "arrogant" or seemed to have an attitude but did you stop to think a person's tone of voice/thought doesnt really transfer with the words on the screen? from the sounds of it he felt as if he was a teacher. and in that case, a teacher teaches...they dont just give you the answer and move to the next subject. you must understand the inner workings before you can understand the final product. just my 2c...now bash me 'cause your bored..haha

:clap::clap:

I am one of the guys that has ran the "big dollar cummins guru shops parts" and the I have also ran Westons stuff.
Weston's parts are hand down THE BEST!

I personally think when a thread gets out of hand like the injector one, the person giving Weston (or whoever) the grief should get a time out for say a week or 2.
All Weston did in that was try to explain to us what happened to those injectors. He was class enough to not even reveal the name of the manufacturer after dozens of people asked him to.

It only had a little to do with the thread. Weston's issue also came from more on a personal level with people attacking him in other measures other than in the open where you guys could read it. I may have voiced my issues in the open with Weston, but he knew where I was coming from. We had exchanged PM's before he left and we were totally fine with each other and knew where each other was coming from.

Unfortunately there is more to the story than what a lot of you guys know and there are assumptions that it was all in the thread, when it was not. I think Weston has thick enough skin to deal with a little poking and prodding in the open.

Unfortunately there is more to the story than what a lot of you guys know and there are assumptions that it was all in the thread, when it was not. I think Weston has thick enough skin to deal with a little poking and prodding in the open.

Exactly.

Back