Where to buy a spacer for intake??

rightwinger

OK, I am baffled here, I have seen several p pump kits for sale that offer the spacer for the intake horn so you can use it on top of your grid heater, and then I have seen several intake spacers that delete the grid heater and are taller for a p pump conversion, but I can't seem to find just the spacer to go on top my grid heater for sale w/o having to purchase either an entire kit or a set of lines. If I didn't plan on using my grid heater it wouldn't be an issue but I do use the grid heater in the winter. Anyone have any idea where I can buy just the spacer?? or a company that I can look into that makes them for the kits I have seen available?

We might be able to make you one. If you get me the dimensions you need, i'm sure we can come up with something. It'd be out of 6061 aluminum too.

I love having full access to CNC mills.

I'm pretty sure he wanted to leave his grid heater on it. therefore he cant use something that tall. it'd prolly throw this piping outta wack

It says it is for p pump conversions. I already gave him a gutted grid heater to use as a spacer. I know he wants to fire it up soon so a "store bought" spacer would save time.

If he has time, by all means make him one. I was only posting to save him some time.

Hell if you already have an extra stock one easiest thing would be to face it down to the correct height that you need. Wouldn't take but a few minutes.

yea, I might just take the gutted grid heater that is an extra and have it milled down, but unfortunately I'm thinking the machine shop would charge me more than the cost of just buying a spacer. It amazes me you can't find any place that just sells the spacer to go on the GH w/o having to buy the kit. Does anyone know off hand how much more height I'll need to get on top of the old grid heater? I might take the poster above up on his offer to see if he can make me one if I can get the measurements. I'm still kinda suprised more people haven't had trouble locating this part....seems like a fairly common thing to me.

I have looked around and the p pump conversion grid heater deletes range from 1/2 inch taller to a full 1 inch taller....so I'm not really sure what the best height would be or if it really matters that much.

on e-bay item# 191201555316 is thicker than you need but would work with longer bolts or studs

I found a guy here locally to make me a intake. It was $130 powder coated and shipped to my door.

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
yea, I might just take the gutted grid heater that is an extra and have it milled down, but unfortunately I'm thinking the machine shop would charge me more than the cost of just buying a spacer. It amazes me you can't find any place that just sells the spacer to go on the GH w/o having to buy the kit. Does anyone know off hand how much more height I'll need to get on top of the old grid heater? I might take the poster above up on his offer to see if he can make me one if I can get the measurements. I'm still kinda suprised more people haven't had trouble locating this part....seems like a fairly common thing to me.

Mine is around a half inch, its the style that's just enough to clear the lines. The thicker ones give a little more clearance. I can measure the thickness if you'd like.

CNC mills are too much work. They require clamps and wrenches and stuff. LOL

Waterjet FTW.

Have you tried searching "cummins grid heater delete"

Brings up a lot of premade spacers. The spacer that came with my conversion lines was nearly the same thickness as my heater IIRC.

Edit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/171253111317?lpid=82

That one comes with two gaskets for $60.

If this doesn't suit you then I would call Scheid. They make spacers for the conversion.

Last edited:
I have a 5/8" Spacer I milled down from an old banks grid delete. my lines still wouldnt clear so I just bought a pusher intake..have tons of room now. I will sell you it.

Ive used 1" and 1 1/4". Both work ok. I have a new spacer at my house if you cant find one shoot me a pm.

Back