Where to Spend the Money

fenner408

My brother just picked up a 09 TDI Jetta. He bought for the MPGs, but wouldnt mind making it into alittle Camaro killer. Ive talked with Eric a bit about his tunes, but then priced exhaust and about fainted. So whats the best bang for the buck on these? Looking to get it into the low 13s.

Not too many people are making parts for these, and/or modifying them past a tune. I have a 2012 Jetta, so the same motor as yours. I made my own downpipe instead of spending the 700 bucks to get rid of the DPF, and went with Malone to get a tune. It's much faster then stock but it's no low 13 second car. Is it an automatic or manual?

Malone for the tune and Diesel Dubs has the cheapest exhaust if you're not handy enough to make your own. Rawtek makes the nicest exhaust for them if you can spring the money.

If you want to get into the 13's, only way you're going to do that is a GTB2260vk turbo kit (darkside developments I think has released theirs), open exhaust, wavetrac or peloquin limited slip, South bend clutch kit with ofe disk and SS pressure plate, audi s3 all aluminum intercooler, new intercooler pipes (factory plastic ones split), and some dot slicks. The above mods will get you 250whp/400+wtq, and get you in the 13's if you can launch it.

What do you know about that GTB2260vk? I've been trying to find a charger for my 2012, but options are pretty limited! Does it need studs?

What do you know about that GTB2260vk? I've been trying to find a charger for my 2012, but options are pretty limited! Does it need studs?
Options are limited because you're dealing with a very niche market car where 99% of buyers will treat it like an appliance and never mod it here in the USA.

To do a turbo upgrade on your jetta, you need to completely redo everything basically and there isn't a kit (yet). There is no worthwhile drop in upgrade. Here's the manifold, turbos are on the site also. Tubular Manifold for 2.0 16v CR With GTB Turbocharger (2011-) - Darkside Developments

Last edited:
but wouldnt mind making it into alittle Camaro killer.

They made cameros with 4 cylinder engines?

By golly, they did!
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Camaro_%28third_generation%29"]Chevrolet Camaro (third generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
The Sport Coupe came standard with the 2.5 L 151 cid LQ9 four-cylinder engine.

Back