which box or tuner????

smalltownshaker

I have n 03 F250 with the early 6.0 I just recently had head gaskets, studs and egr delete kit, now I'm looking to add a box or tuner. I'm not looking for major power gains just better fuel mileage and a little more get up and go! I was tolled to go with a cst tuner any ideas???

Sct tuned by Eric at innovative diesel and you'll be set . Be sure to do all the supporting mods or you'll regret it. Egr delete, studs, oil cooler and I'm sure I'm forgetting something . I only had the 6.0 in my truck for 6 months before it does so I never really got into all the stuff

Oops sorry bout that you have everything all ready guess I should have read deeper I apologize just go with Eric's tunes you won't be disappointed he is the best all around I think he even helped sct develop the software for the powerstroke so he knows his stuff

Eric @ Innovative, or Matt @ Gearhead, custom tuned SCT should be your only option. The bullydog stuff does nada for the trans.

Yep. I started with it till I learned better from here. I'm only tuned for milage, the fringe benefit of power. When I went to the sct I gain about 1mpg over the gains with the Edge. I have been using the Edge for gauges only now. Spend the money once and learned form my FUBAR. Buy a custom tune sct x3 and be very happy,

Only thing with the custom tunes I didn't like was the shifting. I had Eric send me the biggest tune he had with my 06. It was a running SOB but I didn't like the way it shifted in my truck. I usually just run a 65hp tow tune with the exhaust brake and aggressive tow haul turned on. Then again my trucks usually don't leave the drive way with out a trailer and swapping back and fourth got old.

I am going with a LiveWire in my 550 for ease of use.

SCT with custom tunes from Matt @ Gearhead. He made the best tunes i ever had. Personally I would stay away from any Canned Tunes since most of them don't tune the tranny.

Back