Which Duramax for pulling

HT3500

IDK ANYTHING
Need your help guys, say I wanted to build a 2.6 duramax puller and I had a very high budget and I wanted four digit single turbo fuel only power which generation D-max would be Ideal. The truck will be an auto for personal reasons, so lets hear it guys help me out...

p.s. I heard the LBZ is better tuning wise for high rpm's is this true? I do want to be able to turn 5k plus...

Last edited:
Yes the LBZ has the tables to fuel to a higher rpm.

You're going to have to build the motor and do fueling mods anyway so the engine style is sort of moot. I would at least stick with an LLY/LBZ/LMM for the external injectors.

Let's just say the parts list would be very long for the engine, I'm aware for the most part of whats required for a build like this just looking for the best tuning platform to start with. I'm going to thow this out there too, what do yall think about the socal 7.1 stroker kit for pulling? Is price to gain ratio worth it??

Got to stay busy ya know, Scheid is getting closer are u ready yet??

Need your help guys, say I wanted to build a 2.6 duramax puller and I had a very high budget and I wanted four digit single turbo fuel only power which generation D-max would be Ideal. The truck will be an auto for personal reasons, so lets hear it guys help me out...

p.s. I heard the LBZ is better tuning wise for high rpm's is this true? I do want to be able to turn 5k plus...

I prefer the lbz.

Buck.... You are out of control!!!

You might as well skip all these little builds and just start bilding a pro mod. That shold keep you busy for a little while.LOL

Seems like all the fastest duramaxes are LB7, not sure why or if that translates well to pulling....

Seems like all the fastest duramaxes are LB7, not sure why or if that translates well to pulling....

I think that's just because those guys have had their trucks longest. So more time and development went into them. Lots of lb7 trucks are getting lly electronics because of there ****ty injectors. If I was gonna make another pulling truck it would be an lly

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I think that's just because those guys have had their trucks longest. So more time and development went into them. Lots of lb7 trucks are getting lly electronics because of there ****ty injectors. If I was gonna make another pulling truck it would be an lly

Why the lly over LBZ?

Why the lly over LBZ?

Well I guess it doesnt matter if you have a built motor 2.6 truck. But if your on a stock engine a piston will crack in an Lbz before a lly will wear out from bending a rod. Lly and lb7 have the same bottom ends just have nice injectors in the lly

What are the differences between the LLY and LBZ, and which is more likely to make more power via tuning? Let's assume this build will have all motor issues resolved(pistons, rods, ect ect..)

I would stay with an lbz or lly. You won't find to many answers here. Try duramaxforum or duramaxdiesels.com You'll get more neebie questions answered on DF

Hands down, LBZ has better electronics (no FICM to fire the injectors). Hard parts are the same for all of them when you build the motor.

Back