Which Injectors to get?

TTR 21

Human Spear
I am looking for some injectors for my 94 12v and would like to know what size you guys recommend. I am going with SDX and was thinking about getting some 5 x 0.014 but want to know if i should go bigger? Mods are 4kgsk, 16*, 191 dv's, rack plug, HE351cw, no plate, afc tuned by me, intake, exhaust, kdp tabbed. In the future i plan on putting an s475 under the HE351 and want to be able to run the same injectors.

Is your 94 destined to be a toy? Drag race machine?

Smoke is annoying when driving around town and it sucks not being able to "get on it" every once in a while.

If your truck is going to be used on the street a lot, I'd probably go with some 5x.014's with some added lift to give little more fuel when you're on it.

If your truck is going to be a toy/drag machine, I'd go for a set of 5x.018's.

Is your 94 destined to be a toy? Drag race machine?

Smoke is annoying when driving around town and it sucks not being able to "get on it" every once in a while.

If your truck is going to be used on the street a lot, I'd probably go with some 5x.014's with some added lift to give little more fuel when you're on it.

If your truck is going to be a toy/drag machine, I'd go for a set of 5x.018's.

Truck is strictly a toy/drag machine but it will also be street legal and will be driven on the street rarely. im not sure when i will be able to afford the twins so will the 5x0.018's be too much too soon for the little HE351?

Truck is strictly a toy/drag machine but it will also be street legal and will be driven on the street rarely. im not sure when i will be able to afford the twins so will the 5x0.018's be too much too soon for the little HE351?

would have been good to know in the first post lol. Go with 18's then.

They'll be too big for just the 351. But you could just wait, save up, and get the 18's with the s400.

IMO

would have been good to know in the first post lol. Go with 18's then.

They'll be too big for just the 351. But you could just wait, save up, and get the 18's with the s400.

IMO

yeah kind of forgot about that little piece of info. :lolly: If i run the 18's with the 351 will it hurt me more than help me as far a power and track times go? i dont really care about egts as it is just a race truck and only sees a pegged pyro for about 14 seconds. :lolly:

you could put the 18's in and plate your pump back really far to control egts.

those 18's would overspool that 351 in a hurry

I'm going to run my 5x.018's here shortly. Just need one track session with my new torque converter to get feedback/test results on difference between HX35 and GT4294 88lbs per minute airflow with same fueling. I'm thinking I'm going to pick up 25-50 HP worth of trap speed from just the turbo, then I'm going to add the 5x.018's.

I would think you could run 5x.018's with He351 if you ran a fuel plate and adjusted the AFC to hold back a little on the bottom end so it doesn't flood the motor.

I would personally test HE351cw with 5x.018's but I don't want to blow up my future top turbo for my future twin setup. Knowing me, I'd try to get boost in the 50 psi range at high rpm and push the turbo to 180K rpm.

I ended up getting a set of Contagious Diesel Sac style 5x.018's. I also have an Airdog 2 and ARP headstuds sitting in a box. I havent got around to installing any of this stuff yet and with snow on the ground now the snowmobiles have taken up most of my time. Truck also has an ED 66/74/14 from my CR on it now. When i get time to install al this stuff and get decent roads to make it to a dyno ill post up some results in my Budget Beater thread!

I ended up getting a set of Contagious Diesel Sac style 5x.018's. I also have an Airdog 2 and ARP headstuds sitting in a box. I havent got around to installing any of this stuff yet and with snow on the ground now the snowmobiles have taken up most of my time. Truck also has an ED 66/74/14 from my CR on it now. When i get time to install al this stuff and get decent roads to make it to a dyno ill post up some results in my Budget Beater thread!

im in your boat in more ways than one. my trucks still at the paint shop but im deciding between 5x16s and 5x18s. purely a toy. ed 64/68.91 t4. keep thinkin twins next winter....but its snowmobile time! well almost lol

Back