which one next?

Lostbeer

Liquid Goodness
Which way do I go? I'm leaning towards a new turbo, but also a new bigger intercooler. I do haul a camper and tow a boat. My BTS tranny will be built in two weeks plus new bellowed up-pipes will be arriveing here anytime. Of course still stock intercooler and turbo. Just need a push in the right direction. Injectors will be the last thing to be done, just not right now. The simpler items first.

Since you have injectors planned for sometime in the future, which ones are you considering? The reason I ask is you can try to plan your turbo mod around your injectors, if you not going for wild power anyway.

As for the intercooler, a 6.0L intercooler works well with stock injectors. Once you start adding more fuel, the 6.0L intercooler becomes too small. So if you do plan to add injectors, might want to look at a Spearco or DIIC.

Not trying to get too crazy power. Thinking maybe some Mini me's.

MiniMe/GTP38R is a proven combo. The 38R can also be run with stock injectors. That's one suggestion. I'm sure others might chime in too.

stroker power

just rebuild your turbo and balance it along with the wheel from a 38r. it would be the same thing just non b.b. centersection. thats what the d66 is.

just rebuild your turbo and balance it along with the wheel from a 38r. it would be the same thing just non b.b. centersection. thats what the d66 is.
Center section of a stock turbo won't handle it, regardless of what wheel you are running or what size housing you have. The MiniMe's will blow it up pushing more than 40 psi of boost.

Don't worry about the intercooler yet even pulling/hauling 8000lbs.?

The only thing you have to worry about with 8000lbs is..um...well nothing.

Seriously though thats not a big deal. This is what these trucks were built for.The factory set-up will handle it just fine. Unless your just looking for more power..

Back