Which Pump to run

Wrightweld

Im in the process of doing another p pump swap and I have two pumps and want some input on which one people think would be better.
First pump is an 887 with unknown kms on it, looks clean on the inside, and doesn't seem to be a leaky POS.
Second pump is a bit of a mystery, its an 806 pump, and I can't really find any info on it, I've searched the threads and seen some guys asking about them, but nobody ever gets an answer.. This pump has been rebuilt, not sure by who, but its in fantastic shape, still has all the plastic caps on the DV holders, and in all the threaded ports..

Truck is just a weekend warrior used for hauling sleds to the mountains and messing around on the street..

So mint mystery pump or the 887?
Thanks for the input.

These are the DVs.

Attachments

• IMG_2754.jpg
    IMG_2754.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2753.jpg
    IMG_2753.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 0
Those are constant pressure delivery valves. Dirty, hot, smokey pos's.

Well Thats good to know. I have some other dvs to try in there.
From the serial number I figured out this pump has 11mm b&p, how much of a difference is that going to make, I assume less flow, any benefits of 11mm vs the other sizes in terms of drive ability?

I wouldn't waste my time with the 11mm, also I believe those pumps also have heavier governor weights, I think anyway don't take that as gospel.

The 887 pump is off a 215hp dodge, I have no idea what the hp rating of the 806 pump is.

The 215 pump for absolute sure, no matter its looks they are tough. Plenty of over 200k mile 215 pumps still running strong.

Back