Which setup do you guys like better????

GhostRider7

Which setup do you guys like better for a daily driver that doesn't tow, pull, or race?

1) 64/71/13 smarty tnt/r, 90hp sticks, dragonslayer

2) 64/71/13 smarty tnt/r, 120hp sticks, dragonslayer

3) 66/71/13 (or Silver Bullet) smarty tnt/r 120hp sticks, dragonslayer

4) 66/71/13 (or Silver Bullet) smarty tnt/r, 150hp sticks, dragonslayer

....And of course the other mods i have in my sig. I'd love to do twin turbos but i don't have that much coin!!

Thanks
Jason

62 or 64 turbo- smarty tnt (no tnt R-not enough mods) 90's(extrude hone $300) and arson 3 ($395)kit .... you dont need a stg 3 cp3($1600) with the 90's

Sorry didnt read all your mods-- you already have a great DD:rockwoot:

save for twins:bow:

I agree! The only thing I think that could make it more streetable is have a 62, but why waste the money.

Brian

It's my daily driver, I don't tow, race, or pull. I daily drive it to work or for errands or for the occasional load of wood or coal. I guess the normal things that people do in their vehicles when they are not towing a trailor, or racing, or sled pulling.

I will eventually get twins, just probably not until the truck gets paid off. I want a fun setup that is enjoyable to drive. Somewhere in the 650-700hp range.

Jason I have a VERY STRONG feeling that once you have that Dragonslayer on the truck you gonna notice a difference in that thing!!!:rockwoot: And then the 120's and you will be close to your goal. Then add a water/meth kit and you will be even closer to your 700 goal along with the added benefit of keeping things cooler.... heck Jason before you know it we will both be in the 800-900 if we dont stop at some point!!!!LOL :woohoo:

Jason I have a VERY STRONG feeling that once you have that Dragonslayer on the truck you gonna notice a difference in that thing!!!:rockwoot: And then the 120's and you will be close to your goal. Then add a water/meth kit and you will be even closer to your 700 goal along with the added benefit of keeping things cooler.... heck Jason before you know it we will both be in the 800-900 if we dont stop at some point!!!!LOL :woohoo:

I thought I WAS done for awhile.....apparently not though. :doh: Thanks for the advise Buddy

I run a silver bullet, 180 stix, dragonslayer, Tnt/r, EZ, TST on my daily driver and puller. Before the Bullet i ran a 64/71-13ss on the same setup. I think 120-150 sticks with the 64/71-13 would be the most fun. Mine runs better with the bullet, but the 64 was more fun banging through the gears.

thanks man

I run a silver bullet, 180 stix, dragonslayer, Tnt/r, EZ, TST on my daily driver and puller. Before the Bullet i ran a 64/71-13ss on the same setup. I think 120-150 sticks with the 64/71-13 would be the most fun. Mine runs better with the bullet, but the 64 was more fun banging through the gears.

how bad were your egt's w/ those big injectors and the 64?

Which setup do you guys like better for a daily driver that doesn't tow, pull, or race?

1) 64/71/13 smarty tnt/r, 90hp sticks, dragonslayer

2) 64/71/13 smarty tnt/r, 120hp sticks, dragonslayer

3) 66/71/13 (or Silver Bullet) smarty tnt/r 120hp sticks, dragonslayer

4) 66/71/13 (or Silver Bullet) smarty tnt/r, 150hp sticks, dragonslayer

....And of course the other mods i have in my sig. I'd love to do twin turbos but i don't have that much coin!!

Thanks
Jason

man, id love to have what your sig says for HP and TQ numbers for mine, and call it done, only thing id change is id run twins and a dragonslayer on mine, im sure that would put me at 600-650 or so and call mine done..

but from i have read and learned, im thinkin you will have more fun with setup 2 or three, i think the 150 sticks are too big until you have twins, the smaller charger will spool quicker and be more fun, but the larger one will run a bit better in the top end.. so its a tradeoff...

was it me, id just go twins and a slayer and call it done... but i see your situation... good luck

we dont stop moddin these things, we only slow down due to lifes other circumstances... :D

man, id love to have what your sig says for HP and TQ numbers for mine, and call it done, only thing id change is id run twins and a dragonslayer on mine, im sure that would put me at 600-650 or so and call mine done..

but from i have read and learned, im thinkin you will have more fun with setup 2 or three, i think the 150 sticks are too big until you have twins, the smaller charger will spool quicker and be more fun, but the larger one will run a bit better in the top end.. so its a tradeoff...

was it me, id just go twins and a slayer and call it done... but i see your situation... good luck

we dont stop moddin these things, we only slow down due to lifes other circumstances... :D

Thanks for the input and I'm thinking that you may be right about the 150's. I think what I'll do is get the dragonslayer and see how well my setup runs. Then if I want more I'll get the 120's. Then if I don't like them with the 64 I'll upgrade to the 66. Then someday when I hit the lottery I'll get rid of the single and run twins.

Your last statement couldn't be more trueLOL

If you look around hard enough you may be able to get a used set of twins for about the same price as a 66.

Yeah at the moment Im runnin a SuperB Special (64/14/71) and some DDP150s and a II stage3 CP3(85%) and I love it! A lot of fun to daily drive and you will definitly have some HEAT:rockwoot:

If you look around hard enough you may be able to get a used set of twins for about the same price as a 66.

To save on costs if I were to upgrade, I would look for someone to swap turbos with first. If that didn't happen then maybe try to save up the money to have HTT or Engineered Diesel modify mine. There's no way that I'd be able to swing 2g's......at least not anytime soon.

Yeah at the moment Im runnin a SuperB Special (64/14/71) and some DDP150s and a II stage3 CP3(85%) and I love it! A lot of fun to daily drive and you will definitly have some HEAT:rockwoot:

The heat is what my main concern would be.

To save on costs if I were to upgrade, I would look for someone to swap turbos with first. If that didn't happen then maybe try to save up the money to have HTT or Engineered Diesel modify mine. There's no way that I'd be able to swing 2g's......at least not anytime soon.

the heat isnt really that bad at all I can run my truck to 115MPH WOT and not go past 1200

Jason I have something that will help with that heat....!!!!!:lolly:

64/71/13, 120's, and a pressure box. That should be good for 650.

It's hot, but it's hot with the bullet also. 1600 in a heartbeat, that's why I'd go with a bit less injector. It's controlable, but don't make a wot blast with out seeing 1600+ It'll spool lightning fast though, and be a blast.

the heat isnt really that bad at all I can run my truck to 115MPH WOT and not go past 1200

Wow I see over 1200 with my 90's.....these things must run really hot

Jason I have something that will help with that heat....!!!!!:lolly:

LOL That's actually very tempting buddy. I'd wouldn't be able to go with the stage 3 upgrade if I did that though

64/71/13, 120's, and a pressure box. That should be good for 650.

How crazy high do you think my egt's would be?

It's hot, but it's hot with the bullet also. 1600 in a heartbeat, that's why I'd go with a bit less injector. It's controlable, but don't make a wot blast with out seeing 1600+ It'll spool lightning fast though, and be a blast.

I'm starting to think that you were right in an earlier post that driving the 64 would be more fun to drive

Back