Which setup do you guys like better????

Hey Jason, do a 2nd gen manifold swap then called up ED and get a race cover for your 64 and then call up HTT and see what it would take to upgrade to the 16ss exhaust housing...:rockwoot:

Hey Jason, do a 2nd gen manifold swap then called up ED and get a race cover for your 64 and then call up HTT and see what it would take to upgrade to the 16ss exhaust housing...:rockwoot:

hmmmm that's not a bad idea Buddy. I spoke to ED about a race cover one time and I think it was only a couple hundred dollar upgrade. I wonder how beneficial a race cover would be?

hmmmm that's not a bad idea Buddy. I spoke to ED about a race cover one time and I think it was only a couple hundred dollar upgrade. I wonder how beneficial a race cover would be?

Not to sure but Im gonna try it when I do my 2nd gen manifold swap! Im looking at manifold in the classifieds, might jump on this one...

There are no race covers for the 64:

We do not have a race cover for the 64mm compressor or any of the 3rd gens yet. The 64's map is pretty solid. the 62 and 66 needed help and the 68 needed somewhere to go. The 3rd gens are ahead of the 2nd's in performance in most cases on the street level so it started with the 2nd's. Now that they are proving themselves, others will follow. Chris

Oh, thanks for that j-rod I must have been talking about a different turbo when I spoke to him then.....now I'm really confused:doh:

Oh, thanks for that j-rod I must have been talking about a different turbo when I spoke to him then.....now I'm really confused:doh:

I stumbled on that the other day. I had often wondered about getting a 64 with a race cover, too.

2nd gen manifold will make it sound sweet, I ran one with my turbonetics hp-66. I saw 1600 on stock sticks also with the 64/71-13 I think no matter what you do if you run a common rail hard you'll see high egts. I don't think they are the complete reason for all the failures. Other factors play a much bigger part.

Back