Which Turbo is better

Duramax2006

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Okay guys I'm looking to make decent power 600-800hp 1300ft lbs range with my daily driven 2006 Duramax but i'm having truble figuring out what turbo to use. My goals are 310ft sled pulls and low 12's high 11's at the strip and retain a daily driver and towing rig. I've been looking at the Garrett GT-45BB turbo and the ATS Aurora 5000 but if you know of a better one your opinions will greatly help

You need to narrow your hp goal down thier is alot of diff. between a turbo that will push enough air to feed 600 hp and another that will push 800 hp.

If you're going for closer to 800 you better be looking at rods also. As I understand it they start auto-shortening right around there. LOL

45 is going to be to big to be daily driven and tow with.Try a 42 or A5K.

Okay guys I'm looking to make decent power 600-800hp 1300ft lbs range with my daily driven 2006 Duramax but i'm having truble figuring out what turbo to use. My goals are 310ft sled pulls and low 12's high 11's at the strip and retain a daily driver and towing rig. I've been looking at the Garrett GT-45BB turbo and the ATS Aurora 5000 but if you know of a better one your opinions will greatly help

a5k is pushing the limits for towing anything heavy 10k and up

4088/4094, htt turbos would be ideal for that and can hit 650rwhp wiht dual fuellers

twin turbos is another option form MPI.... it will also dame ner elminate egts
hes is a built TT dmax http://youtube.com/watch?v=bLOtnMSOCMI&feature=related

gt45 will make the truck a trailer queen for the most part.

Last edited:
Back