Which turbo is better

Duramax2006

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
I have a daily driven 2006 Duramax Diesel and I want to pull and drag race with it but i want to use the right parts to get me there and still retain it for daily use and towing. I would like to make 310plus ft pulls and run low 12's high 11's in 1/4 mile i'm shootin for 600-800hp and 1300ft lbs of torque out of my daily driver. But the turbos i'm stuck on are the GT-45 BB turbo and the ATS 5000 turbo or if you know of a better one for daily driven,towing,sled pulling, and drag racing let me know thanks guys

I cant say about the 45 but I love my a5k. Then again if your an auto a big single will surge. 6spds dont have that trouble.

gt 45 is huge for a daily driver ud probly be happier with GT 40 its capable of over 700 at the wheels with a good reputation

I'd slap a set of twins on it. Maximized Performance is your goal. ;)

.....umm, are you going to build the motor? If you are towing-racing-driving every day I think you're going to need a little inside work.

Last edited:
Yes i'm going to build the motor with custom cut LB7 pistons,Stage 2 heads Crower connecting rods,and ARP studs and main bolts all from Socal Diesel

The GT45 is a bit big. The GT42 would likely be a better match.

The ATS A5k is a proven winner, is reliable, and comes with a heck of a warranty. I've run one for two years now and love it.

Back