Which turbo setup is gonna be better?

PRattenbury

Neophyte
Well, pretty soon I'll have 2 different turbo setups for my truck. One is a single setup, using a tubular manifold from COMP461, external wastegate and S400 from Engineered Diesel. The other setup is twins, using an ATS manifold, external WG from E.D., and a 64/71/13 over an S480 with race cover. Which one do you all think will be the better over all setup? I have to admit, setting up the twins will give me a fit. I'm an extremely slow fabricator. Ask anyone that knows me. But, all things being equal, whaddya think! Truck is an occasional driver, dyno, 1/4 mile truck. Not my daily driver.

if your not going to pull it, then do twins. it'll be alot more friendly, and alot more fun.

Yep, I had my 94 and my 07 doolie at the time. I bought the 07 because the 94 was taking so long to get back together and running (just as much my fault as anyone else's). Once the 94 was up and running again, I was the owner of 2 functional diesel pickups, and diesel fuel was rapidly approaching $5 a gallon. So I traded the 07 in for the Mini. My payment went down, my mileage went up to 34 instead of 18, and I got a nice little convertible car to knock around in. Then I hot-rooded the Mini, so instead of 168hp at the flywheel, I have 244hp at the wheels (a little more fun). One truck is enough (but a must) for me. I guess I'll run the single setup temorarily, at least, while I figure out the hot pipe and other challenges I've run into with the twins. Cold pipes are all set, and the down pipe, and the air filter. Oh, and fuel is more than abundant. :evil

Back