Which way to hang weight

2001cummins

Costly
I have looked at different weight racks. Which way would be better to hang the weight? Where you hang the weight like on a farm tractor or hang it sideways?

sideways IMO since you can get a couple full plates out at 60" vs just the fronts of them if that makes sence

Sideways is the way to go. Pick up a tractor weight and hold it in front of you, then extend your arms straight out its much harder to hold because of the extra leverage. It has the same effect on the truck

Depends, how many weights and what style? If there are enough of them that they are just as thick when sideways as they are hanging forward then it will not matter. Also depends on what design they are. If they are the big JD weights good luck, those things suck to make fit and look decent.

here is a good view of the two

CIMG0499.jpg

attachment.php
this is how i had the IH weights on my old dmax that bubba2400 built for me...

Attachments

• weight.jpg
    weight.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0
I hang 13 JD suite case weights stright out like bubba2400 said with that many they hang out the same distance reguardless. ive never had any issues

hand em' sideways.....like stated before get the weight out at 60"

Ok do you hang the weight all the way across the front of the truck or all on the drivers side?

Hang them sideways and hang as many as you can at the 60" mark ( if that's what your rules allow.)
Attached is a link to show the math in a very simple way.
Change the "X" (the distance from front axel c/l to weight bracket front) figure in the chart and you will see the difference....
Random Links

Like James (bubba) said if you hanging alot of wieghts it really wont matter but if you hanging same 4 weights max then i would see sideways helping,

Back