White Smoke no Codes

wideopen

Slum Lord
06' White, Smokes Bad, no Codes, the injectors seem to be good(they ohm out all the same)

I'm thinking Blown Head Gasket? Help me tell me what to check for?

The injectors may ohm out fine but a blown out tip or stuck open inj will cause that! How is the overflow bottle? Great way to tell if somethings up with the head gasket!

check the oil for antifreeze.... and vice versa, check the antifreeze for oil.... look for the antifreeze to possibly be bubbling...

also you can hold your hand over (near) the exhaust for a short amount of time with the truck idling... you are looking for antifreeze smell and moisture...

No Pressure...Over flow I'll have to check.. Oil Doesn't smell like Fuel?

Any Ideas, if it is a Blown off tip how do I check know which one?

kill test the injectors (just like a 12v but with electronics) with the valve cover off disconnect the harness going to each injector one at a time... the hole the makes the least or no change in the idle of the truck is the hole with the problem

check the oil for antifreeze.... and vice versa, check the antifreeze for oil.... look for the antifreeze to possibly be bubbling...

also you can hold your hand over (near) the exhaust for a short amount of time with the truck idling... you are looking for antifreeze smell and moisture...

No oil in the Antifreeze or Vice Versa. I'll check the exhaust in the morning.

kill test the injectors (just like a 12v but with electronics) with the valve cover off disconnect the harness going to each injector one at a time... the hole the makes the least or no change in the idle of the truck is the hole with the problem

Truck Idles fine, just not very good with RPM's I'll pull the Valve Cover again tomorrow and see what I can find.

hope it isn't a blown gasket... or a bad injector for that matter, i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya...

Is this the same truck as before with the d-tech injectors?

hope it isn't a blown gasket... or a bad injector for that matter, i'll keep my fingers crossed for ya...

I'd rather it be a Bad injector vs. a Head gasket.

Edit

If it is a blown tip, What do you guys do about repairing it? didn't get a chance to check it yet.

Send it to Exergy or T&C. Only two places I trust. Might as well just get the whole set tested and replaced as needed.

I guess what I mean, is besides replacing the injector is there anything else I need to do?

I can fix you up with a nozzle (tip) if it comes to that. Are they stock or what?

Stock Injectors, I have an injector sitting here ready to go if need be, just not sure which one it is?

Not sure, won't be able to look at it until this afternoon. Just preparing myself.

Well it was an Injector...Who can I send an Injector to just to get tested?

Back