White smoke, rattle, cuts out after 1600 rpm

tristan21

Got the truck from diesel shop yesterday. Ran great, babied it home 30 miles, started the truck I get an immediate high rail preassure cel as well as a check sum. Now it has bad timing rattle, a little white smoke, and cuts out around 1600 to 1800 rpm with a top speed of 30 n any gear.

That was the second test drive since floor it stg 2 cp3, 3.3 fluxs, commander, studs, fass rebuilt with new filters. First time rode great.

Pulled tst, mp8, smarty all off and problem persists. Quad fp not working stuck reading 6 always, boost reads 0, and screen freezes up.
What now?

john at floor it to check FCA for junk and spray with wd40.

Quad tech says download newest software and check for grounds bad.

I'll try both tomorrow.

I have a 0-15 fuel preassure gauge I never installed, think it would help me to diagnose the problem?

Also when I installed the vent kit on the tank I used a fitting with a gasket on the tank. After months of problems it turned out one of the big issues was a chunk of that gasket in the suction side of the fass draw line. Not sure if that could have anything to do with my problem now.

I've only got to drive the truck about 2 weeks since late September. This is getting old. My duramax is gettin to much road time.

the ra-49 still doesn't work right. I just got it reinstalled after they reprogrammed it and added a ground wire. Did here they might have a fix for it n a couple of weeks after they get some parts in.

Might be noteworthy to mention that I also run a rail cap so there is no prv as a member on another stated.

Timing rattle and High rail code means there is something going on with the FCA or the injection pump. The FCA controls the pressure. If you have a ton of pressure at idle, it sounds like timing rattle.

Being cold outside when the truck would idle up it would smooth out. That sounds like john is correct. FCA issue.

Back