White smoke when on the throttle

Asusmc

Hello everyone. I've got an 03 with a nv4500, 90 horse injectors, Fass 150, and everything else is mostly stock. I swapped the injector nozzles almost a year ago. Had minimal smoke with the stock tune. Just recently when I change gears I get a puff of white smoke, unless I'm over 2k rpms. Truck runs good, changed the fuel filters on the Fass made no difference. I'm leaning to a cracked injector, should I check anything else before I pull them and get them flow tested. Thank you!

Unburnt fuel = white smoke Could be anything from injector to lost compression in a cylinder! Boroscope the cylinders when injectors are out!

I would think if I was losing compression that the truck would be rough at idle and all throughout the rpm range. I don't have any of those issues except for when I'm changing gears.

how many miles on the sticks themselves?

and nozzle balance is IMPORTANT, who makes them?
nozzles torqued correctly?

i would bet that the pilot is bad on more than one stick.

I bought the truck with 167k on it it's got 209k on it and I have never replaced the injectors themselves, I bet I have about 10k miles on them after the nozzle swap. The nozzles were bosh brand is what I was told. I've rebuilt older style injectors, old Detroit with the rack system and big cummins engine injectors but never commen rail. Do you know of anyone that sells a rebuild kit for them?

That is a lot of miles of a set of injectors. In my opinion its time to get some new ones. As far as rebuilding them I would send them off to a good shop to have them rebuilt. CR injectors are funny. They seem to work a lot better when they are hone and balanced out. Send them to exergy or ddp to test them and see what they do. CR like to flow nice and even across all 6 injectors. If you get new injectors witch I suggest change the inject tubes to. But this my opinion for what its worth

Do you know if exergy will rebuild the current ones you have as long as there is no damage to the housing itself?

Back