white smoke

RIP CTdiesel

Well I have an issue I need solved. About 8 months I had just put on II sliver bullet turbo,and ran it a few hours and all of a sudden tons white smoke started pouring out. So i thought it was an oil seal of some sort in the turbo, and I rebuilt it and it seemed to work. So I went to SDX and hit the dyno. On my way home it started again. So i put a stock charger back on and it still did it. So i got thinking it was a head gasket so pulled the head off and the gasket looked good. So I took the head to get looked at and it had 17 cracks in it. So I thought that had to be the problem. so I found a new head and had it o ringed,P&P,and head studs. I Finally got it put back together lastnite started it up and still tons of white smoke also the EGTs were ungodly hot about 1320 at about 35-40mph. I'm in need of some help.

the other thought might be injector not sealed in well.
bad copper gasket? return fuel leaking past?

I have though of that i will looked into that, also have thought maybe a piston ring might be cracked

Along with the high egts, the oil pressure is high also

I would install new injectors and change the oil. I'm not sure on this, but I would think a broken injector that is dumping loads of fuel into the cylinder would produce white smoke and wash down the cylinder walls therefore causing higher oil pressure.

I will give that a shot its buming out cause it sat for eight months, and thought i got it fixed.

i would think that if it was a cracked ring the smoke would have a blue haze to it. two stroke detroit comes to mind.
is the oil up to temp? does it feel like it is thinned out?

well i changed the injectors and still burning oil so i guess the next thing is pulling the motor unless theirs no other suggestions

white smoke means not burning fuel. blue means burning oil.
do a leak down test on each cylinder. listen for leaks.

Back