Who bends CPP lines?

TheSilverBullet

All the correction factor
I've had my lines on for about 12k and already had an end crack. I need a #2 injection line and wondering who did them or they done in house? I use this truck over the road so I need one next day aired in the morning.

Just wondering if I should call CPP or just go through some one else because I've heard they are slow. Any input is appreciated

From my research when I had my p-pumped 24 valve, it appears that Scheid is the only company who has the tool to make the lines. I had tons of problems with cracked lines on my truck. Did everything possible in attempt to keep them from breaking with no resolve. Perfect fitment, torqued to Scheid spec and numerous different clamping arrangements. I kept several straight lines on hand so that I could bend replacements as needed. 12k miles is better than I ever got out of them. Had pretty good luck getting them quickly from Pure Diesel Power.

Last edited:
Sad part is it had a set of lines that wore poorly fit and rubbed into each other. I was nervous about them but I drove 30k and then put new ones from CPP over the winter.

Now the ones that came on the truck were bent differently than CPP ones. My buddy has schieds on his and they are bent differently from my CPP ones. I'm definitely going to order a straight line also to put in my tool box. I'm usually 3 plus hours away from home every week. I'm glad it happened at home! Lol

Rocken tech? I know they make custom line's. I'm not sure they have what you need but worth the call being down away from home.

Sad part is it had a set of lines that wore poorly fit and rubbed into each other. I was nervous about them but I drove 30k and then put new ones from CPP over the winter.

Now the ones that came on the truck were bent differently than CPP ones. My buddy has schieds on his and they are bent differently from my CPP ones. I'm definitely going to order a straight line also to put in my tool box. I'm usually 3 plus hours away from home every week. I'm glad it happened at home! Lol

From the phone calls I have had with numerous vendors, in an attempt to find a better quality line, it appears that many companies bend their own lines but they all start with straight lines made by Scheid. I also bought 2 different sets of lines that were bent up by Scheid and both sets were different in bends and fit quality.

What size and material are you guys using? I ran a set of .078" mild steel lines, and after having #1 line replaced for a leak very early on (at the fitting, not a crack), they were leak and crack free. I've heard lots of issues with the stainless lines cracking over years, especially when guys go to .120 for whatever reason.

I bought a set of .093 lines when I went to a 13mm pump. I never put many miles on the truck after that, but no cracks or leaks on those either. Both sets were from Schieds, but the fitment and design were quite different. The first set fit well and I could take any line off in any order. The second set I always had to install 6 first and work forward.

My schied .084 mild lines are like 6 years old and ive never had one crack. Maybe im just lucky.

I've heard the shied lines are best for fitment. How many miles you put on that set?

I probably should have tried a set of .078 or.084's on my truck. The first set I had were .120 stainless and I cracked 3 in 150 miles. Replaced the broken lines and had failures again shortly after. Replaced the stainless lines with a set of .093 mild steel lines and got about 500 miles out of those before I cracked one again. Replaced the broken one and had varying results after that. Don't think I ever went more than 5,000 miles without a line cracking. From looking at the lines that broke, there were issues that stood out on all of them. Seems that if they had press fit collars on the ends like the factory lines and debured the backs of the ends where the collars sit it would eliminate the cracking issues. I think it is a combination of the burs acting as pivot points and the loose collars allowing the lines to flex is the cause of the cracking issues. When I started deburing the lines before install I made significant improvements in the life of them.

Well classic CPP fashion they knew I needed one overnighted yesterday and talked to them in the am. Told them what was going on they said no problem well get one and get it out. Getting tired of being on hold so I bought the schieds lines in the classifieds and having those overnighted.

Don't run Stainless lines on anything but a competition engine. Always run mild steel. They are way more forgiving when it comes to vibrations associated with daily driving

My scheid lines fit like freakin crap. The conversion lines for these trucks are complete garbage. Mine never leaked but it was an hour long ordeal putting them on. For the money it is complete bullchit to be honest. I feel for ppump 24v owners after dealing with some for a year.

At my shop we have a couple customers with p pumped 24v and they to cracked lines like nothing, so my boss took vp pump lines and heated and straightened them and then bent them where they needed to be bent at. Just a possibility as the trucks we did them to have not had a single failure in quite awhile.

Well I've had the truck for 15 months and going on the third set of lines hahahahaha

Back