Who else sells stainless steel exhaust housings?

12v Ford

I know I read it somewhere, but I can't find it. Who else sells the stainless steel exhaust housings for the S300 turbos? HTT is way too high priced on all their stuff. I'm looking for a 13cm ss for a s300g.

Thanks,

Clayton

HTT is the only one that know of. The TH by it's self may be pricey, dont know, but my whole turbo from them including the 13ss was reasonable. Give Garrett at Pure Diesel a call he deals with HTT a lot.

You can also check out Lloyd at Midatlanticdiesel, he's got a big sale on HTT right now.

Bullseye has some pretty sure they are non gated. I think you will be hard pressed to find a SS wastegated housing for an s300.

I'm looking for the 13cm wastegated housing. I'll check out those places mentioned. For the housing by itself, HTT wants almost as much as I can buy an s300g for. I was hoping I could get one for around $200 if I trade in a new 14cm housing because that's about how much more the ss housings from htt are when you buy it with the turbo.

zstroken- Your PM is full. I could live with the price you said, but not 50% more added to that.

Hey Smokem- You know who makes them?

I'm looking for the 13cm wastegated housing. I'll check out those places mentioned. For the housing by itself, HTT wants almost as much as I can buy an s300g for. I was hoping I could get one for around $200 if I trade in a new 14cm housing because that's about how much more the ss housings from htt are when you buy it with the turbo.

zstroken- Your PM is full. I could live with the price you said, but not 50% more added to that.

Hey Smokem- You know who makes them?

really, they told me $400 with trade in.

Personally, I'd rather have a .8 cast iron than a 13cm sst. There have been quite a few people post(including me) that it ran hotter than the .8, even at low boost. The 16ss works well. Watch out for broken bolts as they have a tendency to gall.

I just made the switch from a .8 cast to a 13SS. I do notice above 2000 it seems to be warmer, but at lower rpm it seems to be about 100 cooler. This is on an HTBG. The jury is out on this. My truck seems to be hot all the time, with 75HP DDP injectors comp on 1x1 the truck is pretty much at 1100 all the time. I did notice before the EGT will get to about 1100 and stay there in 6th gear towing 12K. This is with 3.54 and 285 tires. I would like to try a .7 and see how it does. I really want to be able to tow in 6th and the EGT's just seem high. If I could find a super cheap set of twins I would like to try that. I think the htbg and a k31 would be a great set of twins for towing

Hell I wish it was $400 dollars. I've got a turbo in thier shop right now that is being completely replaced for warranty, and they told me they were cutting me a hell of a deal by upgrading me to the 13cmss for $525. It's amazing that if you buy it brand new there is only a $210 difference in price from the 12cm cast to the 13cmss. I told them to just send me the one without upgrade.

Far as I know HTT is the only place you can get them. Bullseye makes them for HTT and will not sell them. Been there tried that.

this is what I've been trying to tell people for a while about HTT's "upgrade" policy... sure, they can "upgrade" your turbo however you want, but you're going to pay out the nose :eek:

Far as I know HTT is the only place you can get them. Bullseye makes them for HTT and will not sell them. Been there tried that.

That's cause Bullseye is just a dealer and doesn't cast anything themselves. They sub-contract eagle alloy to do the casting. Contact Eagle alloy...maybe they might let them go. But HTT probably owns the tooling though, so it would be under a contract and probably won't sell seperate, but its worth a shot.

HTT just does not want to sell housings.... they want them on their chargers. It's not so hard to understand that they have something different and they went through alot of R&D to get it.... so they want a return. I'd think they definately don't want to see 74 mm turbines inside the 13cm SS housing, that is why they keep the price up there on outright sales and swaps.

JMO

Your philosophy is awesome.....Hell why go to work...... you could just go down to where the money is actually printed and see if they will give you some. They are probably under contract not to but hey its worth a shot.

Back