Who is an authorized Goerend TRE or Garmon builder in SE PA?

lorendiesel5.9

OG Hunnybadger
My dad needs a GOOD trans built for his dually. His second Chrysler reman made it to 210k when he put a supposedly built trans in that made another 75k but gave him constant trouble so he put another Chrysler reman in that made it 3k and sh it the bed. Bone stock truck with a 60hp superchip. Tows with it every day.

TRE would be Virginia Beach. Not sure if that meets your criteria for close but I feel it's worth traveling from central Ohio.

It meets my criteria. LoL. Just not his, he thinks good stuff comes from the farm if you know what I mean.

Enterprise engine in Ohio did my Goerend tran.
Tell your father they work out of a old cow barn.

Hmm... have dave build one and then have your broker get a load going east.

A local shop here just outside Marietta, Ohio does all goerend transmissions and does a dang good job. I can get you a number if you are interested in them. What about Redline diesel in burbank, Ohio? They do dang good towing transmissions.

He doesn't want to drive 7 hrs for a good shop. Think east further. Like New Jersey east further.

Haul his truck out here and he can get one thrown in. Then haul it back out.

lannings diesel
120 Cope Road Shickshinny, PA 18655
(570) 864-2405

it is where I , and about 8 friends got their Goerend goodness, talk to Clint, tell him Mike from NJ sent ya........

Loren, call Dave Goerend and ask him if his warranty covers damage caused by lugging the engine at low rpm with the converter locked up! LOL

We're talking about a bone stock truck vs a "built" tranny. That shouldn't even be a factor.

Last edited:
The truck I'm familiar with has a $2 lock up switch that can lock the converter whenever desired. You said the truck is stock. That makes 2 different trucks or someone is hiding the truth. Your dad told me himself that he lugs the motor with the converter locked, stock trucks do not do that and if they do there is something else wrong that needs fixed. I have no back pedaling to do. I have sold many Pro Diesel Transmissions and will run and sell nothing but their automatic transmissions. I can count the workmanship related failures on one hand, otherwise the failures were related to abuse, misuse and general neglect. Good luck with the next trans, hopefully your dad has wizened up and has decided the lock up switch is nothing but trouble.

Last edited:
Back