Who is happy with DTT tranny's and who isnt happy with them?

BigBadDually

Here in B.C. i dont have many options for tranny builders. DTT has a shop an hour and a half from me. So who is happy with DTT trannys and what did they do to the tranny, what mods did you have done to your truck?. Who isnt happy with DTT trannys and why?

Cheers.

rute-roe schaggy.......we got a mystery! LOL
Hey, get what you want that's close........ I like SunCoast but you are in VC.:poke:

I have 2 buddies with full billet DTTs, and one buddy with one that isnt billet, and they all sware by DTT, and will never buy anthing else. I also have 1 buddy with a SunCoast, and he likes it alot also. Just a PSD guy with a bunch of Cummins buddies tryin to help out.

Thanks guys for the input.
I could always order all the parts from suncoast or gorend but then i dont know who could build it, I have plans for a 500 horse 12V daily driver.
So the more people i hear from that have ran DTT trannys the better.

..........it also depends on weather you want a Pro-Lock or just a pump.

I've typed it once, I'll type it again. Buy a diesel transmission for the builder, not the brand. The guy who puts the transmission together, not the shipping department at your favorite builder is who I'm talking about it. You need the person assembling your transmission to have a complete understanding of what the truck will be doing and what you expect out of it.

I like my builder, Tim Barber of TRE performance in Va Beach, VA. Although he uses DTT parts, they have been tailored to my needs. The valve body follows my torque curve perfectly which makes each 1/4mi pass a true joy.

My choice would be simple in your case, you're close to DTT- which means you're also close to your warranty station if you choose DTT.

brandon.

My truck came with one of the early DTT trannys in it. From what i can gather it has about 75k on it and i had to adjust the bands and service it(no big deal) the folks at Dtt told me what the settings were. I have no complaints. It shifts hard and runs cool. I am pleased with it.

My friends and I run ATS, and love them. But I have also heard good things about DTT for the most part. I believe Bill builds a strong tranny you should be pleased.

joefarmer said:
I've typed it once, I'll type it again. Buy a diesel transmission for the builder, not the brand. The guy who puts the transmission together, not the shipping department at your favorite builder is who I'm talking about it. You need the person assembling your transmission to have a complete understanding of what the truck will be doing and what you expect out of it.

I like my builder, Tim Barber of TRE performance in Va Beach, VA. Although he uses DTT parts, they have been tailored to my needs. The valve body follows my torque curve perfectly which makes each 1/4mi pass a true joy.

My choice would be simple in your case, you're close to DTT- which means you're also close to your warranty station if you choose DTT.

brandon.

X2 ;)

Chris

i have never heard anyone ***** about a dtt trannys. the only reason i have another brand of tq converter is that i like a higher stall speed than dtt did when i got a converter for mine. but now they have realized there is a market for that and have stepped up with higher stall speed converted. and this is coming from a guy who has nothing from dtt. but that does not mean i would not like to have there stuff.

I had my DTT installed by Scott at Mass Diesel. I'm totally satisfied. DTT is a good product, and Scott is an excellent builder.

i had one installed by scott at massdiesel, it worked great. decided to go with a refresh and billet input, had one shipped from DTT and installed by a local trans shop a few years ago. this one has all the updates, i just told bill what i wanted and had done to the truck (there is a lot more now) but i have not had to touch it yet other than fluid change.

I like my DTT alot have about 30,000 mile on it now and quite a few 1/4 mile runs and 7 hooks on a sled, has billet flexplate, and input, output.Still runnin strong

I have no complaints with the DTT's that I have used over the years, wish I had a different installer but thats another story. My next will be Suncoast though (May 8th!!) :woohoo:

Go with whoever is closest to you, theres not that much of a difference between all the brands for a normal truck like you will have to warrant traveling for a different brand. Just my$.02

I'll 3X (or 4X) on going with a trusted installer/Diesel Guru. I had a DTT, great tranny, only reason a Suncoast will be in my next truck is because that's what Jeff carries/uses.
Josiah

Well thanks alot guys i really appreciate everyones $.02
Main purpose of this truck is my daily driver, so it see's a bit of everything, towing,racing, playing, dyno pulls you name it.
I want to have about 500 horse out of it, and would like to reliably put it all to the ground.

I know my best bet it to talk to the guys at DTT and see what they recomend for me, but what do you guys see me needing in this tranny?
Converter, valve body, flex plate, shafts?, what about clutches? And what can be done to increase the strength of the overdrive so i can actually tow with my OD in our mountains up here.

Thanks again.

at 500 hp you're definitely going to need to run atleast two shafts.. And ya can't go wrong with a DTT :Cheer:. They used to be one of the only ones anyone would go to.. They were definitely one of the best.. now they're still great, but there are quite a few others who have done very well. But since you're close.. it's an easy decision

that I don't know.. I can ask one of the makers if someone else doesn't know for sure.

Back