who is running a s465/464 on a 5.9?

jscsir10

I am searching and searching for options for me. I am pretty low on the budget after the motor build so I really want a single verses twins.
So I was really thinking about a s465 since it'll pass my local 2.6 plug test for when I do pull for fun. I also want to be able to enjoy the truck on the street and daily drive it.
I have a 03 cummins with a 48re.
Mods
Balanced bottom end with 24v vp44 England rods
HO mahle, .040 pistons fly cut .020
Everything is held together by arp
185/215 max spool cam
Side draft with all 6.7 fuel lines and 10mm pump
250hp diesel injection injectors
Extreme duty pushrods and springs
All freeze plugs in the head are tapped and plugged
Bilet freeze plugs on the block and block off plate
Diesel motorsports bypass kit
Will also have water math injection
Built 48re with bilet flex plate, input, and output
Bilet internals( and will more then likely do a manual vb this winter)
And I'm sure there is more

So my main question is who is running a s465 or a s464 as a daily driver. I'd pair it with a steed speed. I really don't want to go smaller on injectors if I don't have to. That is why I am gonna get rid if the 64 74 14.*

I've searched and there isn't much for s465 and or s464 for 5.9 common rails. Just for the 6.7s

I would stick with the 64. Nothing but a lag monster otherwise. Tuning can calm those injectors but they are a bit big. I guess you just want a WOT anything else doesn't matter machine! Also a S300 set up would be better but I think you need to talk to Chris at ED!

After seeing Shane's truck roll hard with a 364, I'd love to see what an s464 can do. And you could probably run in most 2.5 class pulls too then.

Back