Who is running a VGT on 2nd gen 24 Valve and how do you like it ????

dslstax

Driver
Just like the headline reads - Who is running one and what kind of performance gains have you seen ? Whose controller are you using, Fleece or other ? FEED BACK WOULD BE GREAT !:pop:

Don't know haven't dynoed mine yet. Still spools fast and moves a lot of air on the top end. Much more pull in the upper rpm. I'm running a Fleece controller.

Iv heard of ppl doing away with the computer and not using it to open the vanes has anybody done this and is it just as good as having the computer and using a controller or is the controller not necessary

They have a handy feature on this site that allows you to browse all threads related to your question. It is so easy to use even a cave man can do it. It is literally as easy as pressing a few buttons.

Maybe you should start with searching for the words "VGT" or "HE351" and read all 50 some pages of info?

They have a handy feature on this site that allows you to browse all threads related to your question. It is so easy to use even a cave man can do it. It is literally as easy as pressing a few buttons.

Maybe you should start with searching for the words "VGT" or "HE351" and read all 50 some pages of info?

Having a bad day? Know the feeling my HX35 just gave out... Made some really neat noises! lol!!! :Cheer:

Last edited:
still working on mine... P-pumped 24v. Trying to figure out the most effective mechanical system to control this thing. I think a fleece controller would be the way to go, but they said that even though I have all my sensors and computer hooked up they don't have one available for a p-pumped 24v. Also, if you use the stock, (ats 3piece) manifold and an adapter the shock tower becomes an issue. I think I may run a 3rd gen ats or whatever 3rd gen manifold and move the turbo back and lower I am trying to use as many stock parts as possible.

I would like to put a 351 on my 24v. Seems like a great upgrade.

I'm with you on this one. I just can't justify it until I have heard more good comments on this swap. It does seem to me that this is a good swap for a mostly stock or not truck that performs towing.

I will say I sure do love mine, with fleeces new programming, progressive controlling and exhaust brake working with the throttle, its GREAT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a bad day? Know the feeling my HX35 just gave out... Made some really neat noises! lol!!! :Cheer:

It's just silly that people don't take the time to do a simple search about a subject that has tons of information on it. There are two big threads on this very subject of controlling the vanes mechanically. One is over 30 pages the other one is over 10 pages. All dealing with this subject.

It is not hard to find them either as the information is not that old.

Although I could have been more helpful I suppose.

Last edited:
I've seen all those threads but it's easy to get lost in the endless discussion and most focus on mechanical operation of the vanes. I think a quick "How do you like it" thread such as this hits the spot! The others barely touch on the Fleece controller, from what I've seen. I for one am interested in throwing a VGT on my 24v and go with the Fleece controller but a little more feedback would be great.

Last edited:
I've seen all those threads but it's easy to get lost in the endless discussion and most focus on mechanical operation of the vanes. I think a quick "How do you like it" thread such as this hits the spot! The others barely touch on the Fleece controller, from what I've seen. I for one am interested in throwing a VGT on my 24v and go with the Fleece controller but a little more feedback would be great.

That's kinda because not many people have used the Fleece controller....I don't think it is available for stand alone operation yet??

I'm not sure on that fact though!
Chris

Back