who would help me get licened in phoenix

Redneck6.0L

The Phoenix track is a NHRA track and I was wondering who will be there that has a license that would be willing to watch and participate in helping me get my license. Truck was running 10.4x consistant last year. I'm cutting the crew cab off and the goal is togo from 7400lbs to 6-6200lbs. So I'm really hoping that enough to get me that 9.9999999 LOL. Thanks a lot guys and look forward to another season of great fun with freinds and family, and new freinds.

Shawn

I'll gladly help out Shawn if they will give you some passes.

The 2 times I've been to the Desert Diesel Nationals there was a test & tune Friday afternoon. Don't know if they would try to fit you in but it might be worth a call or email to the track. Randy could probably give you a person to contact.

Jim

I guess.... I will sign off on your application too haha.

I will be there so yes I will help you out Shawn

You should buy Deranged as a roller; then you can drop about 3000lbs. :poke: :D

I'd check with the track Shawn, some have different requirements. Most likely will need your physical and a truck teched to run 9's first. Then tracks differ, but where I did my licensing, had to run 6 passes total. 2 launches out a couple hundred feet, 2 1/8 mile passes, and 2 full out at least 10.3 or faster.

I had to have my physical, and a truck teched to run 9's as well.
I had to do the 6 passes total as well same as you Rob BUT my last 2 full out runs had to be 9.99 or faster.
That is how it is supposed to be and depending on the track is what they say about that.
I personally think it should be a 9.99 or faster pass to get your licence.

Michael will be there I know he will help. If Malcom is there I know he would as well.

Last edited:
I had to have my physical, and a truck teched to run 9's as well.
I had to do the 6 passes total as well same as you Rob BUT my last 2 full out runs had to be 9.99 or faster.
That is how it is supposed to be and depending on the track is what they say about that.
I personally think it should be a 9.99 or faster pass to get your licence.

Who's truck did you use? You never got that orange heap moving that quick?:poke:

Who's truck did you use? You never got that orange heap moving that quick?:poke:

He licensed in DirtyMax.

Shawn, I should be there (although probably just in my dually or Jetta), but I'll be glad to witness and sign off on your license.

Here is the license app:
http://www.nhra.com/contacts/forms/license_app.pdf

And this is the physical form:
http://www.nhra.com/contacts/forms/physical01.pdf

Since your license will expire 2 years after the physical is performed, you might want to wait until about a month before the event to get your physical, although if you have any issues like high blood pressure you might want to check those out ahead of time. LOL, I have weird temporary spikes in blood pressure (never have figured out a cause), but it quickly returns to normal. Of course it happened during a physical one year, and I had a delay waiting for another appointment.

As far as the ET required, if the track is of a high enough elevation that it is factored by the NHRA, then they will let you use the altitude-factored "equivalent" of 9.99. That is why Boise only requires a 10.30. As we all know, turbo diesels don't slow down nearly as much with elevation changes as gassers do, so if you are close you can always license at a higher track! They are very clear that the vehicle being used MUST be teched for 9.99 or quicker, including chassis certification.

Regards,
Michael

We will bet there too Shawn me and my bro can sign off...get the rig ready to rolllllllll.........

Thank you very much everyone, as it gets closer i'll get details ironed out, look forward to seeing everyone again

This should be good i can see it already Shawn signs up for Pro Street and Super Street so he can get 2 qualifying passes in each class and then try to finishi licensing during eliminations. This should be for some good footage

If there's no racing friday night, then that's what's gonna have to happen. Hot lap super street and prostreet. It'll be interesting lol

This should be good i can see it already Shawn signs up for Pro Street and Super Street so he can get 2 qualifying passes in each class and then try to finishi licensing during eliminations. This should be for some good footage

This is not going to happen. I thought all licensing passes were single runs so I checked with NHRA Division 6 Director Johnathan Adams this morning. He confirmed that all licensing passes were single runs and cannot be made during qualifying or eliminations. He said it was a SAFETY issue as well as the passes had to be monitored by other personnel (licensed drivers, etc.). So forget the hype, SAFETY is paramount.

Jim

Last edited:
Back