Whos 7 hole injectors to run ?

winkdemon

Fast, Cheap or Reliable.
i am looking to upgrade to a set of 7x.014 with a 155 angle just wondering what you guys have run ?

Im thinking about switching to a 7x10 from my 5x14's...why wouldnt you recommend 7 holes for a 12v?

Lots of discussion in the past but 7 hole injectors seem to really fall off in the higher rpm range. I would talk to your injector builder but very few people recommend a 7 hole p pump injector.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

i have sent a few people messages and got back i should not run them . so i am going to go for a set of 5x.018 SAC i guess. i have never ran a set of sac only vco , give them a try

That sounds like a plan, its been awhile since I last read up about injectors so I guess I know what to research a bit today! Thanks for sharing your findings

For a DD or tow truck, something with low timing and a wide spray pattern seems to help with spool and smoke on the low end. As did the extra hole count 7x.009 148* when I ran em. But the top end suffers and it falls on its face at high speeds. Something about the lower force of the fuel jet penetrating into highly compressed air.
Depending on what you want to do it may make sense. A set of small tow twins with 145* 5 hole nozzles would achieve a low end boost too.

For a DD or tow truck, something with low timing and a wide spray pattern seems to help with spool and smoke on the low end. As did the extra hole count 7x.009 148* when I ran em. But the top end suffers and it falls on its face at high speeds. Something about the lower force of the fuel jet penetrating into highly compressed air.
Depending on what you want to do it may make sense. A set of small tow twins with 145* 5 hole nozzles would achieve a low end boost too.

More surface area, and less mass per jet/hole. Basically the fuel is burning up closer to the injector and not taking up the whole cylinder. That's my understanding.

I know of at least one guy who's made over 1000hp with some 7-holes and a ppump though and it ran clean!
I like the idea of a more efficient burn down low, but 5-holes seem to be cheap and dirty and work.

I'd really like to see a 7-hole paired with a 13mm pump that's going to pump higher velocities and make up for the lack of mass. I bet that'd make for a really fun/clean DD ppumped truck.

DAP lists a 6x.013 for the 12v. little small for what you are looking, but it would be fun to try.

More surface area, and less mass per jet/hole. Basically the fuel is burning up closer to the injector and not taking up the whole cylinder. That's my understanding.

I know of at least one guy who's made over 1000hp with some 7-holes and a ppump though and it ran clean!
I like the idea of a more efficient burn down low, but 5-holes seem to be cheap and dirty and work.

I'd really like to see a 7-hole paired with a 13mm pump that's going to pump higher velocities and make up for the lack of mass. I bet that'd make for a really fun/clean DD ppumped truck.

I'd love to see what something around a 7x.016 or larger would do with a 13mm pump. But I don't have the coin to go experimenting with stuff like that unfortunately. In theory it "should" work great.

I'd love to see what something around a 7x.016 or larger would do with a 13mm pump. But I don't have the coin to go experimenting with stuff like that unfortunately. In theory it "should" work great.

Back