who's cracked a manifold lately?

jsf350

After a couple of years my HTT has cracked-
have people had issues with the PDI manifold cracking?

Im really thinking of going with a steed speed manifold...... will it be a direct bolt on replacement for a 2nd gen flipped in a twins set up?
:drive:

I wasn't the one that cracked it. It came with a turbo and i found the crack once I cleaned it off. NickTF had an engineered s468 that he sold me and sent the manifold with it and I found the crack in it. I gave it to Mitch Rugani in a trade and he welded it up and still has it I think.

My t4 PDI cracked after 10 hooks, in the middle of the divider and its working its way to the surface. Has anyone had a steed speed crack yet? Im really wanting to try one.

I'm sure impressed with steed speed and i'm sure he'll make you a manifold that'll do whatever you want that'll bolt one easily

All the cast manifolds crack, ive had 3 crack.

Steed speed is the only one ill use or sell, billet steel is the only way to go!

So much for this sales ploy then?

"Performance Diesel Inc has forged new exhaust manifolds of High Molysiliconductile material, the same material used to cast turbo housings. Allowing both the manifold and turbo housing to cool at similar rates, reducing the risk of warping and cracking to the manifold in key locations."

I've had 3 PDI manifolds crack on me.
These pictures are from one of them
66e0da72.jpg

1b4fa062.jpg

fa3c41f8.jpg

So much for this sales ploy then?

"Performance Diesel Inc has forged new exhaust manifolds of High Molysiliconductile material, the same material used to cast turbo housings. Allowing both the manifold and turbo housing to cool at similar rates, reducing the risk of warping and cracking to the manifold in key locations."

I always thought it was the head and manifold expanding and contracting differently, never heard anyone say the turbo is causing cracks?

I've had an ATS for 5 years or so and it still looks good.

Has anybody had issues with the steed manifold working the bolts out?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back