Why so many 3.0 trucks for sale?

prostockpuller

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the subject of 3.0 trucks are.
What are the reasons so many trucks in this class are for sale and what needs to be done to prevent the class from dying?

Obviously one reason is the overall cost.

What are some of the specific issues?
Turbos...PPumps...etc

Thanks,

RK

Dimitri is building a 3.0 truck so people are giving up before the new champion arrives.

I would say overall cost is a pretty big issue. Cost to stay up front and money spent to up grade. Possibly the crop market being so bad as well.

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the subject of 3.0 trucks are.
What are the reasons so many trucks in this class are for sale and what needs to be done to prevent the class from dying?

Obviously one reason is the overall cost.

What are some of the specific issues?
Turbos...PPumps...etc

Thanks,

RK

You are making the assumption that there are more for sale, than are being built.

I know a lot of areas don't have a "local" 3.0 class, ive heard several guys complain about the long hauls every weekend. up here we are very fortunate to have a couple clubs in the area, not to mention the 3ppl hooks that were in state this season. there are a handful being built for the next couple seasons. costs are definitely a huge issue as are many classes of motorsports. the crop profits being down is definitely one. maybe some guys are just moving on to the next thing in life. the apocalypse has a few people scared.

You are making the assumption that there are more for sale, than are being built.

No not really.

I think the Turbo Rule needs "tweeking" so that we don't have to buy a new one every year to keep up.

Also I feel a 14 mm PPump should have never been allowed. Now we have to spend $7800 for a 14mm pump after we just spent $5000 for a 13mm a year ago.....when will it end?

We are seeing good numbers out here. No trucks for sale in our PPL class

Ron, I know a certain garage with a pile of parts for two 3.0 trucks. Other priorities in life have come up there, but hopefully the urge to go pulling comes back in the next few months. It'd be nice to see some hood stacks in RWYB this season with FPP.

-Jordan

No not really.

I think the Turbo Rule needs "tweeking" so that we don't have to buy a new one every year to keep up.

Also I feel a 14 mm PPump should have never been allowed. Now we have to spend $7800 for a 14mm pump after we just spent $5000 for a 13mm a year ago.....when will it end?

Actually your concern about the class dieing is based on an assumption that more are being sold than built....

There are only about 5 3.0 trucks left in Ohio that I am aware of:

Live Load
Real Deal
48 special
Josh Bowers truck
One Nation...was sold and not sure if it will remain a 3.0 next year

Not sure if there are any others I missed that plan on running next year?

Live Load
Real Deal
48 special
Josh Bowers truck

How many were there last year and the year before?

Live Load
Real Deal
48 special
Josh Bowers truck

sound of madness??? or tedrows? tedrow I thought had a deckplate 6.7 after he split his 5.9 but that ended up in rob wrights truck mid season???

I know a couple people kicking the idea of building a 3.0 around. Cost is the main thing that is holding them back, but ya gotta pay to play

Back