Will 40 inch tires fit

jaime355

Six Slow
I have an 06 f-350 with a 6 inch lift and was wanting to know if 40 inch tires would fit under it. Has any one tried it?

41's, 4.5" lift,...and cutouts

StumpnMAY089-1.jpg

MotorZtruckblog7.jpg

wHAT ARE CUTOUTS?

take a sawzall and make your fenders have a larger wheel opening...haha

Man I cant imagine even hacking up a nice truck like those to make tires fit! I give you prop tanks!

I would probably be more careful then just taking a sawzall and hack it up. If your gonna do it, put some time and thought into it

never use a sawzall,..that isn't the right way to do it.

I used a pnuematic air nibbler/shears....cut it like butter,..no scratches.

I have 36x15.5's on my truck with a leveling kit. It looks factory and no fender flares. All of my inner fender holders work and it still has factory lips on bumper and fenders. You can do almost anything with time and money.

I guess I should have been more clear that the sawzall idea was not a serious one, though I have seen it done before, just not on nice vehicles.

I'd be scared to open them up no matter what! I'm just glad the Fords can fit pretty large tires with minimal lifting.

with a 12" lift you can clear 40's with minimal rubbing. You have to trim the lower bumper valance (plastic), and you may have a little rubbing on the frame at full lock (steering).

Back