Will a single disc tc work for me?

kas83

After installing my DDP's and #6 plate in my 95, my tc now slips in OD if I get on it hard. I am looking at a simple shift kit/valve body workover and single disc convertor if I can get away with it. Intentions for the truck are daily driver, towing at roughly 17,500 gross with a gooseneck, and a pull or two at the local fairs. As far as power goes, it may get a set of 181's to clear up the bottom end miss, and some extra timing. If needed to keep things cool, I may build myself a 35/40, or go with an S300G. I honestly don't plan more than 300 hp. My only hesitation is the weight and extra strain for that single disc. Let me know your opinions. Thanks.

Contact Garrett over at Pure Diesel Power (Bobcat359). I think he's close to your area and he's done his share of testing automatic trans parts.

Bobcat698. I know he pushes autos to the limits, his Mojave Green single disc sure took a beating.

Thanks, I knew it had some numbers and didn't remember exactly what they were. Am I close on the city?

Towing and maybe a pull now and then........Not sure which vendor your thinking of but I spent my $$$ with Goerend and my advice would be to buy one of his triple discs if for no other reason then warranty!

joefarmer, at one point Garrett was residing in Plover, however I heard he moved. I know him personally, haven't talked in quite a while, but have gotten all my stuff from puredieselpower.com.

A single disc converter from Goerends is $650. They recommend a valve body, billet apply lever and strap with the single disk converter. The warranty is 5 year/50,000 miles.

The triple disk is $1300 and can be used without the valve body and has a lifetime warranty.

Dave recommends a billet apply lever and stap with any valve body install.

Hey Kas I had similer issues called Dave and talked with him and he hooked me up with the tripple valve body and the other items that Diva has mentioned and wwhile I was at it I ended up doing several more things it's not that bad of a do it ypourself job. Just need a factory manual some air tools and a lift...........

georend bro's triple ! i got it and it is great no HP Limit life time warranty as long as i own the heap and he told me " i don't care if you break the input shft off in it and tear the convertor up send it back in and i will replace it "

i feel it was the best money spent with a warranty like that.
talk to David Georend or leave a message he will call back.
i like honest good people and David georend and Joe Hellmann and Weston AKA Smokem are 3 i have found to be helpful and honest. not saying other are not but those 3 have done a great deal to help me.

I've spoken with Dave on a couple of occasions regarding the truck I traded on this one. Stand up guy, always got back to me in a timely manner, and never tried to push anything I didn't need. I'm hoping to stay away from a fully built tranny since I don't have the money, and really don't feel the need with a plate and very mild injectors with my 160. And when it comes to towing, it will be once a month, couple times a month during the summer, and once to Idaho this coming July.

Dave G. I have his single disk and it holds great and I have recently added some bigger sticks

Ok then Kas if you don't want to go fully built there are lots of other options for sure! I mean that is the beauty of talking to Dave, all you have to do is tell him what your looking to do and order up the parts and install.... If you don't need a fully built tranny then it makes things all the more easy. Go for it man it's no big deal and the rewards are awesome! The money in the pocket saved!!

Back