Will delivery valves help the bottom end?

the DV controls when the fuel is available to the injector a cut valve yields way too much duration and you end up with a bunch of fuel coming in after it's necessary and smoke and heat go way up.

what size sticks are you running, Tim?

600-700+ is no problem with 181 DV's... that's a good amount of power for most guys out there. more has certainly been done.

I still stand by my statement that MOST combos will benefit more from a heat/drivability standpoint by upgrading the injectors vs. swapping DV's... same power, lower EGT's, or more power at the same EGT.

now, on the little pumps, I usually advise to just go for the 191's because they're readily available. You can get fancy with bigger DV's, but I have never had a problem making good power and more heat than I wanted with 181's.

I am running marine 300s because they have geat street manners plus have never failed to move the fuel for pulling. There are a couple of other options that would be really good now, but i am not changing them because i am working on the new project. Tim

Well i sure dont know whats up with your setup, but on mine with a 500cc 215 pump, 18* timing full cuts, .120 lines and marine 300 injectors and a 2.8 hx50 with 17cm non wastegated housing, no water or drugs would only run 1750 -1800 degrees in a pull. That was on a back to back run even. It would normally only do about 1600 or so. I seen in one of your other post about gsk that you are not turning the rpms you want. Maybe something is wrong and causing these issues. I dont know and im not trying to be a dick but you put it on here that you are having trouble. I am not. Whats the differance, i dont know. Tim

No prob. i understand what your saying and took it the right way, i think your not super Hot because your running a small injector. I would have to agree with Forrest and say a larger inj. and the same if you wish or smaler DV would prob. yield you more power due that you have more air than I. Either way Im going faster than most so im not having to much trouble, just hotter than id like to be. Big injectors is where the big heat comes from. And i think my GSK issue is resolved with the CDS springs, many many others have had bad luck with the Scheid 5k kit not just me, and also ive found its not ness. to wind it that tight anyways with a stock cam which is what im running. More injector and less DV also has my vote.

Back