Will my dd clutch work?

BIGTRKMAN

Ok i already have a good dd clutch with the 1 3/8 input shaft size in my trk from my nv4500, I'm getting ready to swap in an nv5600 out of an '01 which has the 1 3/8 input shaft as well. So, i was wondering if my clutch would work with the 6spd... Any help r thoughts appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yea like i posted b 4 i have broken the 4500 7 times so i'm hoping the 5600 will hold up. I do like the gear spacing better and didn't have to change much for it to fit, made a bracket to bolt t-case shifter to and extended t-case shifter linkage and reverse light wires... everything else bolted up.

Well the first couple of times i lost 5th gear. Nut backed off, the second time was far worse because the nut only came halfway loose and that let the mainshaft 5th gear slide back so only half the gear teeth were contacting each other and it stript all the teeth off both gears. Then, while pulling in 3rd gear i stript all the teeth off both gears. Then while cruisin down the road in 5th i came up on sum slower cars and went out to pass them and as she started building boost up lotsa noise and no 5th.Pulled it apart replaced a couple syncros that were bad and both 5th gears and the rear 4wd extension housing with a steel one because when it stript all the teeth off they musta bunched up in the lower lefthand corner and put a pinhole in it. Back on the road again for a few months. The last time it broke i was racin sum ppl and stript all the teeth off both 5th gears and cracked the case, ut i still won! haha Anyways, rebuilt it and sold to a friend to do an auto to manual swap and bought a 6spd.

wow nice, for how hard you are on manual trannys, good luck with this 6 speed

Thanks. Time will tell how strong they are... I'll let u know, so far i like it.

Back