will not build boost

XChris1632X

Jack Stand King
Just put on the 66 and have done a few 10-15psi launches on the street with no issues and plenty of power. Loaded the truck up and hit the track. The first time at the line I wanted to take it easy and came off way under the turbo and it didn't light until I was far underway. I thought I might have been rushing it so when I went the second time I was shooting for 10psi but I couldn't build past 4. Every time after I have tried to launch it I can not build over 4 pounds. I go in real easy and slow. It sounds like it wants to start really lighting but as soon as I try to give it a little more I can hear it just bog down.

I was under the impression that 00 trucks did not have torque management. It sounds like this could be it but it has launched perfectly for me times before with no problems. On the way home my truck threw a bunch of boost sensor codes. I am going to put something together to check for boost leaks once I get a day off. Any other ideas or things to think about?

I have started to look for leaks and haven't found any yet but I was brake standing it. I am going to build something in a day or two so that I can be for sure. I mainly just wanted to be sure I don't need a bd rad.

I just picked up some parts to put some air to the system and check everything. Between the military, school, and my wife, my balls are tied with time. Tomorrow is my night to work on the truck so I hope to know something within the next 24 hours. I am hoping its a boost leak and an easy fix.

Check the clamps themselves. I had one that was going bad (about to break) that was swelling with the boot. Took a little while to find it. Take your boots loose and slide them all the way up snug and put a mark on the pipe. Drive it. The one that leaks will probably be in a slightly different spot after a hard throttle run.

I found a few leaks from the boots. When I was at the track I tried turning each clamp down but I guess with everything swolen they were as tight as they would go. I got some turns on a couple now that its cold. Some of the leaks started at 5psi. Im still searching to make sure that I got everything but I will have to wait until the weather clears up to make sure everything is better.

I know one thing is for sure, next time I am taking a squirt bottle to the track. I was certain there were no leaks in spots were there actually were, but I was using bathroom soap and a water bottle.

Check the clamps themselves. I had one that was going bad (about to break) that was swelling with the boot. Took a little while to find it. Take your boots loose and slide them all the way up snug and put a mark on the pipe. Drive it. The one that leaks will probably be in a slightly different spot after a hard throttle run.

I think it is time I really upgrade to some new boots and clamps but I was really trying to get it through until July or so when I can just get a new IC and boots at the same time.

Back