Winter build.. What do you guys think?

six_sloww

Buddy and I are building up his VP truck

Currently it's a fresh rebuild, sleeved, stock rods, arp studs, 7x10 injectors, hx40, full billet trans, tci converter, and a fass 220 gph pump.

He wants to put a monster pump and 7x14's this winter and I'm trying to talk him into trying a fmw 467.7 with a 1.0 housing and a stainless t4 manifold

You guys think the 467 would be okay without a gate?

Anyone know how that would spool up? May even get a looser converter to help street manners.

I run a 467/.9 with 6x.013's. Runs 55psi full tilt with no gate. You can go S400, but it's not necessary with a VP truck. S364 or 366 runs as good with better street manners. One guy on here runs 364 with .9 T4 housing. Seems like the best of both worlds. T4 manifold for flow, but 366 for street manners. He's been deep in the 11's.

Not sure with a VP. I'm sure it is, but don't know how much gate and nitrous, lol.

What's his plans for the truck? Race?

Yeah but he likes to drive the truck all over as well.

He built the truck to have fun with it and he beats it pretty good, I figured an s400 would hold up to the abuse better and get him closer to his goal of 700 on fuel.

I run a s366 with 7x0.012's and I estimate it around 600 area. It's a super fun street truck just gotta be careful with your foot. It's either really smokey or really fast. I run an Edge comp and I usually run it on 5x1, keeping the low end fueling to a minimum to cut the smoke out

I run a s366 with 7x0.012's and I estimate it around 600 area. It's a super fun street truck just gotta be careful with your foot. It's either really smokey or really fast. I run an Edge comp and I usually run it on 5x1, keeping the low end fueling to a minimum to cut the smoke out

What manifold you run?

if he's planning on staying with a vp and wants to go to the s400 frame use the .90 housing.

That's the plan.. Will it need a gate? I think he should try the stainless diesel t4 manifold, but he wants a steed speed so he can gate it. No nitrous in the plans btw

no point in running a gate then. i was not. made 60psi with a 06 cr head. i used a ats t4 first. now have a stainless t4.

Yea shouldn't need a gate. I got a gated Steed, but never hooked gate up, just capped the manifold. Now I wish it wasn't the gated manifold, since they found out it runs worse, because of 3 & 4 not being separated

Back