winter storage tips for puller?

red dodge2

anyone got some good tips for storing in the winter time? should anything be put in the fuel? should battery be taken out? Also anything good to do to keep the mice out? if anyone has ANY suggestions please post. :thankyou2:

I put traps and moth balls inside. Cover the inlet to the turbo, put a trickle charger on the batttery

Stuff the tail pipe with steel wool and bounce fabric softner, also use the softner sheets arround the truck. Keep mine at a farm and I don't know the reason but bounce is like kriptonite to mice, plus it makes it smell good!

Back the rockers off, it seals the cylinders and saves the spring life.

Dan, do u usually take the battery out and put it on a bench with a trickle charger?

I leave it in the puller. Is the vehicle sitting inside or out? Mine sits in, but it isn't a conditioned garage.

Make sure your antifreeze is at proper ratio, I cover inlet and out let of turbo, somewhere mid winter I will drain the oil and put new oil in it, make sure the tires are aired up, put a trickle charger on the battery. Then I usually put some sort of a trap inside the cab, and some mothballs.

u usually leave the air in the tires set at what u run during the season? Also do you leave the trickle charger on the whole winter, i heard that it could "dry" the battery out.

the temp in the garage usually stays around 50 degrees during the winter

id take and put a jack stand at each corners to keep the tires off the ground, if one goes flat it wont get ruined

I make sure there is 35-40 lbs in the tires, and I actually use a battery tender type charger. No issue for the last 3 or so years using it.

ya i actually thought about putting jack stands under it that way i wont get any flat spots in the tires. But the battery tender, u put it on from the time u park it to the time u get it out?

Just be careful some of those batery tenders are only good for a 6v system. I don't know what kind of risk it would be on a battery. Whenever we winterize our boats we just unhook the batteries and let them sit. Never had any problems with it. I do like the battery tender idea though. It sure made it nice on my bike.

Battery tender typically stays on it year round. I even put it on between hooks sometimes.

Get a 12v battery tender Jr you should be able to find them at any parts store that sells batteries.

Battery tender typically stays on it year round. I even put it on between hooks sometimes.

My battery started getting weak between pulls because my truck just sat in the garage. Battery tender fixed that! Charges battery until full then stops charging. Everytime my truck rolled in the garage from a pull it got hooked up, they include a convienent extra plug with quick disconnect & ring terminals.

Get a 12v battery tender Jr you should be able to find them at any parts store that sells batteries.

Yup exactly what I used.

ok....what about the regular tender?

Its cheaper...this is the one I used. It can even revive some batteries you think are junk when left hooked up for a few days.

0073435700007_500X500.jpg

Back