Wire tuck engine bay

ThatGuy01

Forgive me if I didn't search long enough but I did a quick look around and google for a wire tuck job on cummins and came up with nothing, a guy in my hometown did his and it looked clean as hell. Anyone have any advice, wire placement ideas, and/or pictures?

Subscribed, I remember someone on here doing this a while back and I think I even messaged him about it but I never got a response.

On second thought I think I remember who it was, his screw name was yoshi??? Super clean silver single cab second gen.

I wire tucked my 97 before I sold it last year. Mounted the ecm under the cowl and rerouted all the wiring under the cowl as well. Came out really nice. Ill try to find some pics of it.

I'm in the middle of doing mine right now. Also re-routing the power steering lines from the Hydro-boost to the pump as well. And relocated the fuse panel thats under the hood by the battery. Only about half way done, got the harness wires and relays all removed from the firewall, and the engine bay harness cut and will wire each sensor one by one, once the block is done and back in the truck to hide them.

I ran mine into the cowl, they will taped and loomed once finished. And dropped into the back of the engine bay. And wired one by one and tucked.

E23B67C1-829E-4035-A743-7A5F4596D710-559-000000759771888E_zps09e2cdcf.jpg

sub'd

we did something along these lines for my dads 02, made all new hydroboost lines out of braided stainless and rerouted them out of the way. also took the wiring harness and split it apart to extend some wires for the ppump swap. there are tons of unneeded ground circuits in the stock wiring harness that can be simplified

then we added electronic fans it it all went to ****, no simple way to make that wiring look nice

a few pics of the lines at least... the adapter fittings were had from Jegs I believe. 18mm straight thread oring if I recall, maybe one 16mm on the box
FFA5DC4C-F383-4F5A-BEA8-88FCEE57E7BC-332-000000132EBFDE43.jpg

6CD4853A-029B-43DB-A4F9-C74DF048CF5D-332-000000131C3E37A0.jpg

ecm mounted under the master

B91604E0-7DF2-484F-8561-7FBF6DDF7347-332-00000013148961C2.jpg

While it may look nice and clean, if something fries and needs tracked down, imagine how much FUN it will be to have to undo all of that work. :(
I've been on my head doing DASH wiring troubleshooting before and that's bad enough. :D

Nothing's ever as simple as it could be, though.

Mark.

so the cowl is the best spot then it seems.. I'm so tired of popping the hood and people seeing my huge spool of air dog, edge, and stock wires, and the one damn connector I wanna get to the most is friggen hardest to get to! And it doesn't pull up closer to me when I disconnect it lol it pisses me off! (The MAP sensor)

While it may look nice and clean, if something fries and needs tracked down, imagine how much FUN it will be to have to undo all of that work. :(
I've been on my head doing DASH wiring troubleshooting before and that's bad enough. :D

Nothing's ever as simple as it could be, though.

Mark.

I kept this in mind. The way I did mine it still uses all three ECM plugs one the drivers side of the harness so it will still be easily removable. And all the sensor wires will have sealed plugs built for each sensor, so it can be unplugged and traced down if something fries. My little brother will be building the plugs, and are low in profile which will work out for not having a HUGE clump of plugs in one spot. And all the wires were cut at different lengths to avoid that as well. The ECM is mounted in the stock location, but upside down, and the wires go straight up into the cowl, and will make a cover for the ECM that will be paint matched to hide it, but still be easily accessible.

I moved that fuse panel by the battery too. Here's a progress picture of it right now, the wires to the head lights and blinkers will be tucked into the fender. And the grid heater solenoids will be relocated and hidden, and all the power wires to the batteries will be relocated to a sealed distribution block. Fenders will be cleaned up and repainted. So you won't really have anything right here except the battery itself, and the hydro boost with the lines re routed.

393A5826-AE1A-48D7-B4D8-394A7C809281-982-000000C5CF9ADD64_zpsacd913c7.jpg

Haven't decided yet. I've got enough copper wire to put them in the bed. And I have access to a small chain box from Pro-Tech that will work perfectly with a locking sealed lid. It'd work well, and I've thought and thought on the negative out come of putting the box with the batteries in the bed. And there's not a huge inconvenience of it or downside with how I have it planned out. Other than the work to do it. Specially with my plans of using a distributor for the power wires it wouldn't be bad at all to do.

Edit: Boy that fender looks haggard compared to the outside of the truck. I also have access to a Rhino lining shop, and have contemplated doing the fire wall and fenders. Cause I can get it done cheap. And doing Rhino from the underside of the cowl down to just under the cab will cut out A LOT of engine/road noise.

Last edited:
These will drop into the engine bay, each with its own sealed plug, but will be moved to the back of the firewall more. And those relays will be moved haha. Didn't realize they were still bolted there. But the wires will drop right behind the block/head so you won't be able to see them.

97A92B50-6E99-4CA1-8205-5FFE1110C0D8-559-000000750BB79605_zps92c3e1b2.jpg

Jesus it sure would be nice to have a shop. I hate living in an apartment, lol I'd gladly buy a little tonka toy just so I could pull my engine and do all of this legit .. It'd be fun for me too lol

Back