Wiring Common Rail 1967 Chevy c10 swap

anwkid

Hey everyone, Im looking for some opinions on how to go about wiring my 06 Common Rail Cummins swap. Should I:

A) Piece together the necessary senders and gauges separately (i.e. tack, oil press, temp...) as well as any other little things like ignition ect.. or

B) Try to get a hold of a complete dash and under hood wiring harness from a wrecked truck and just use that?

Ive been told that the ECM needs only two wires to run, but I'm a little fuzzy on the details on everything else. Do I stick with the drive by wire pedal assembly? or switch to an 03 style on the motor? How do I control the auto trans? Standalone controller and valve body or can I use the factory one? A point in the right direction would be great. Thanks.

The 06 harness can be used. all it needs is a OBD-II port and TPS. other than that a constant power, key on power, and ground is all you need to hook up. It will have to be tuned with EFI Live though. The trans should work fine since it uses the speed sensor in the tail housing to read speed off of.

The 03 CR in my Ford...well, x Ford is wired all by itself.
You need the OBD 2 port for tuning of course but other than that all you need is the ECM. Power it up like mentioned above and if you're running a 48RE there's a wire that passes through the Dodge fuse box that sends 12V to the TCM. You'll have to locate that wire on a diagram then just add your own....the whole fuse box isn't needed.
I used all aftermarket gauges...there's a spot for everything you need to just screw in somewhere on the motor.
You don't need EFI live unless you want it. A Smarty will work fine just get a recovery file from Bob.

Awesome thanks. So the trans should work just fine it just needs 12v? Does anyone have a source for a wiring diagram for this thing? I have the complete engine wiring harness it was just cut at the firewall. Basically i just need the power, ignition, and tps and im set right? Other then gauges...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have both efi and a smarty, they are just needed to remove the security correct?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You will also have to run a 6 wire harness from the Accelerator pedal from the Dodge truck in your truck on any 04 1/2 engines as the apps is not on the engine.
I put an 05 CR in a 05 F350 so been there. Actually if the original battery cables are used on a battery one wire pin 13 of the C130 connector 12 volt + will start and run if the ecm is not Skimm'ed if so Smarty & a recovery file or EFI is required.
Good Luck if I can help PM me.

Back