Wiring problem....

saltyfly88

Well heres my situation. Ive had my truck apart for quite some time and finally have it back together. We tried starting it last night, got everything hooked up tryed to start it and.... Nothing. I checked the starter by jumping it from the battery. Looked at the connections and gave up after an hour or so. Me and buddy checked a few other things tonight, checked the relay, while we were looking we noticed the fuel shutoff isnt getting power. It gets power from the starter relay. We checked the relay wiring, We have power at the Pink w/black wire. power at yellow and red, and nothing at the brown wire. Another thing we noticed is the radio doesnt work and the blower motor is also inop. Im not sure what else to look at. this is irritating the hell out of me. I need some help guys Im not sure why or how all this is related.
Would the truck not start if the PCM is bad? Reason Im asking, and I just remembered this, My buddy was having a problem with his truck not shifting into OD, his truck is an 01 and because my truck was apart at the time he switched his PCM with mine. WOuld switching the 2 have anything to do with that? I assume there completely different. this would explain the blower motor not working, the radio not working, and the truck not starting. any thoughts? im sure most if not all the signal inputs are controlled by the PCM. One more thing my truck was converted from an auto to manual by the previous owner, but the truck ran fine no issues ever! before

Are you getting any of the dash warning lights coming on when you turn the key to the run position? You may want to check to make sure the hot wire from the battery to the fuse box is connected and getting power.

I dont know for sure or not but I would definitely imagine that the pcms are different since there is a lot more wiring and sensors on the 24vs then the 12vs.

Also what ^^^^ he said. I did the same thing.!

Yes all the dash lights work, the only thing inside that doesnt work is the radio and the blower motor. I chacked all the fuses, there all fine. both wires in the fuse box are hooked up

We switched PCMs to see if it made his ranny shift any better, My original PCM is back in my truck now. Im wondering if switching the two may have damaged mine. this problem is irritating the hell outta me.

So th etruck will not turn over at all even when Jumping the starter wires? If so, sounds like a grounding issue.

Is your truck an auto? I had this happen with a friends truck and it turned out to be the shift linkage had come out of the tranny when we put the engine back in it. It threw the shift pattern out of whack, and we found out that it was the problem by having someone at the back of the truck watch the taillights while I moved the shifter around until the back up lights came on, after we found where reverse was we bumped it down one notch into neutral, and fixed the linkage.

If your running two batteries there should be two main grounds and both are connected to the block. The one on the drivers side is right below the starter. The other one is located by the motor mount on the passenger side.

There is a series of grounds that are off the main harness. If I remember correctly there is a set of them right in front of your fuse box in the engine bay. There is one or two down in the front corners of the truck by the air bag sensors. The wiring on the 12v is pretty simple. Hard to say why its not cranking over.

Well I feel like a jackass, I checked the wiring to the relay again, and found that tje relay isn't getting a ground. The blower motor isn't working because it also has no ground. I used a test light to give both the relay and blower motor a good body ground. I didn't check the radio. But I have all interior lights, dash, dome. I traced the relay ground back to a PCM connector, it looks like the ground goes directly to the PCM. Can anyone verify? Also does the PCM give the radio or blower motor and power or ground?

Back