wiring safety light

rawdog

rules call for white safety light operated off thr shift leaver.can anyone clarify how it should be properly wired?

The light should Illuminate when In neutral. You can Use a SPNC 12v relay to achieve this using the neutral stafty swtich for power

is there one on an nv4500? i thought the switch was for reverse light

I got mine wired off the starter relay. Its an auto tho i dont know if it work the same way with a clutch switch involved, but i used the starter relay ground to trip my relay for the light. My light is on when in park or neutral the only places it will start.

I got mine wired off the starter relay. Its an auto tho i dont know if it work the same way with a clutch switch involved, but i used the starter relay ground to trip my relay for the light. My light is on when in park or neutral the only places it will start.

hmmm now i know how to do mine. What did you all use to get that to work?

Just a simple relay setup, 4 or 5 prong relay, a fuse tap thingy for the trigger wire, and the wire and lights. Im not positive with out looking but if your standing at the driver front wheel lookin at the starter relay, it should be the prong on the fire wall side of the relay that is the ground that you use. Check with a test light tho. I think its front power firewall ground passenger and driver are the starter circuit. I wont get back to the garge where my truck is till friday, but ill check then.

cures to how this goes to on a nv4500 I'm trying to figure out the same thing.

Toggle switch on the gear shifter is how I had mine,never pulled anywher that it was inforced,mabe at keystone???

I hope somebody can help with this. I need one for my truck. But I can't figure it out. And I know that i'm not alone in this. Somebody made this a stuipid rule. What happend to holding your hands up in the air. Thats what i always did.

toggle switch that you operate by hand?that was my first thoughts but where is the "safety in that"?hands in the air is what i always thought

The way fpp rules read it is a driver operated switch. It doesn't have to work automatically. The driver initiates the saftey light.

how bout if u used the saftey switch for the clutch . not sure it would work but just my thoughts

how bout if u used the saftey switch for the clutch . not sure it would work but just my thoughts

I woudl think since alot of folks use weighted clutches it might not do what folks want, plus the foot could slide off.

itpa just needs a light for when the truck is in reverse. I dont know how you would get a light to come on when in neutral, toggel switch that is manually operated seems more like it to me.

Just a simple relay setup, 4 or 5 prong relay, a fuse tap thingy for the trigger wire, and the wire and lights. Im not positive with out looking but if your standing at the driver front wheel lookin at the starter relay, it should be the prong on the fire wall side of the relay that is the ground that you use. Check with a test light tho. I think its front power firewall ground passenger and driver are the starter circuit. I wont get back to the garge where my truck is till friday, but ill check then.

does a guy really need the relay? can i just put a fuse on it?

Depends on what the light draws and the size of the wire. So that's a yes and no question.

Back