witch pump 160 or 215 is better?and also what cam to go with?

doser1

hello i was wondering what pump is better to go with i can buy a 215 97 12v motor off my friend now but he and i have been readn that the 160s can make just as much power and we found a motor for 900 a few hunderd less than his is? i have a 01 24v probley doing the saw in 2 or 3 weeks. also what cam to go with what do u guys have or like? i know im going with .93 lines and cross overs and with the pump... i want to take full avatage of the pump so dvs and what else would u guys recamend? to make the most power thanks and no i dont wana tare the block down every couple hundred miles! lol thanks guys

It's atoss up I made more with the 215 but the 160 drove nicer and cleaner but hotter egts

thanks ct this is why i never effin post thanks....when i actuly have a queston this is what i get!. wish there were more people like u thank god ur here for help... u ever think to ask "Hey u try a search" instead of being a dick? No..lol well thanks for the imput CL i went a bought the 215 anyways i guess some people dont like to help soooo why but in?

i could see ct if i said hey what air filter do i use dumb question... but when im looking at spending 4 or 5 grand i would like some type of knowledge from guys thats done this.... and have tryed a few differnt set ups but i guess thats no ok? not tryn to be a dick but come on give me a brake ct im sure u were here at some time u coudlnt of known everything u know now with out asken questions!

You'll be happy with it I make 790 with a bullet and a non bench 215 with 181s and I still have lots of room to grow

thanks guys yes sorry for the dumb questions im looking a lot but like to ask too u know.. ive seen hamlton and a cam called the big stick and also a F1 cam people r saying they like also 191s .093 lines and what else with that 215 pump can i do i have a ED 66 turbo now 150 sticks will probley do new bigger injectors with the right pop off pressure..i want to do things right the first time i tare it apart u know in stead of doing the pump going back and changen cam, push rods ect thanks for the help! u said u made 790?!!thanks very impressive! Whats ur set up would love to know auto,standerd? mods? i wana be up around there 7 8 or more down the line but startn off with this from what i read ive be very pleased with a 7100 and get rid of this lam ass vp have had nothing but problems with it scince i bought the truck! thanks!

Its possible to make good power with a 160,175,180 or a 215 pumps. Its all in the tuning. Take your time and dont get into a hurry.

thanks guys yes sorry for the dumb questions im looking a lot but like to ask too u know.. ive seen hamlton and a cam called the big stick and also a F1 cam people r saying they like also 191s .093 lines and what else with that 215 pump can i do i have a ED 66 turbo now 150 sticks will probley do new bigger injectors with the right pop off pressure..i want to do things right the first time i tare it apart u know in stead of doing the pump going back and changen cam, push rods ect thanks for the help! u said u made 790?!!thanks very impressive! Whats ur set up would love to know auto,standerd? mods? i wana be up around there 7 8 or more down the line but startn off with this from what i read ive be very pleased with a 7100 and get rid of this lam ass vp have had nothing but problems with it scince i bought the truck! thanks!

With the right injectors you should not need 191s with a 215. My truck is an auto, silver bullet 66/74 rcp injectors and 30-35*of timing. If you spend time on tuning it on a dyno its well worth it. There is nothing special about my pump put a stiff spring in the afc and mess with plate profiles. as far as a cam youre gonna get all kinds of answers. I have a diesel pros cam and it flat out kicks ass. Give Bill a call and you will understand why.

I am running a 160hp Pump that was sent to Seth at DPE and he got 450cc's out of it for max fuel. It runs smooth on the street just like the VP did, but more power. I will agree with CL on the hot EGT's, but I think I got to big of an injector.

What's the street manners of the truck with 30* of timing?

That is a heck of a number for your setup.

What's the street manners of the truck with 30* of timing?

That is a heck of a number for your setup.

It is fine and with the right injectors and afc setup it drives very well with my bullet and tight converter.

CDS 215 pump tuned to 550cc with full cuts, 5k springs and AFC tuning
Mach7 injectors at VP pop off pressure .093 Lines and tubes in a P&P CR head
Diesel Pros cam (the small one)
SPS62 over an HT4C
30* timing
53 block

Got me to 795 right out of the box and 120MPH in the 1/4...NOT what I would recommend however!! I melted it down and had the cam gear walk off after about a month of driving. I could drive it smoke free if I was careful and got 21 MPG on the highway--in the mountains.

Full cuts are way too much, 30* of timing and it sprays outside the bowl.

CDS 215 pump tuned to 550cc with full cuts, 5k springs and AFC tuning
Mach7 injectors at VP pop off pressure .093 Lines and tubes in a P&P CR head
Diesel Pros cam (the small one)
SPS62 over an HT4C
30* timing
53 block

Got me to 795 right out of the box and 120MPH in the 1/4...NOT what I would recommend however!! I melted it down and had the cam gear walk off after about a month of driving. I could drive it smoke free if I was careful and got 21 MPG on the highway--in the mountains.

Full cuts are way too much, 30* of timing and it sprays outside the bowl.

12 or 13mm plungers and barrels?

What is the topic at hand jack ass?

Has anyone thus far mentioned 13mm p&b?

Care to ask a sensible question now?

Back