WOW!!!!!

this is why Cummins torque pate hones the blocks at the factory... you would be a fool to overhaul one without doing so!

That's insane!!! So it seems like no matter hOw much you do to strengthen block and parts, it really is a small amount of insurance for alot of cash,,, ???

Pretty much sums it up.

This is pretty much the only place where a small amount of insurance can go a long way.

1000-1500.00 girdle and necessary machine work vs. crankshaft in oil pan.$$$$. (been there done that, not pretty)

3000.00 rods vs. engine cut in half. (camshaft, Injection pump, Ect.)

Block filler is cheap, remachining after filling could be a expense vs. cracked cylinder wall.

Just a few examples.

so can we half fill a dd? also how would this do for towing a trailer??

so can we half fill a dd? also how would this do for towing a trailer??

I've heard of guys doing a "street" fill on gas motors. Basically up to the bottom of the freeze plugs to help support the mains and the bottom of the bores. I'm not sure of the extent of the cooling loss, but there has to some decrease in efficiency.

Water pump and oil cooler location on any b series cummins make filling for any kind of driver pretty much out of the question.

I'd bet the top of the cylinder needs the most support. Down near the bottom of the stroke the big cylinder pressure event has already happened.

Back